What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final or not??

mickdo

Coach
Eelsnutcase said:
i live in newcastle so 2001 was soooo bad for me i still get crap about it.A while ago i was working in retail and thats when the knights grand finals dvd came out and my boss decided to play it on the plasmas we have.Was the worst ever watching it over and over again.
Bugger that... I'd move

caylo

Bench
Jono078 said:
I really think Parra is one of 4 teams that can make the big one. On current form they wont get near the Storm.

But there is improvement in them, particularly in the halves. So if they can play some good footy in the finals they could take out the comp this year.

I have to agree... atm we arn't playing well enough to beat the storm, but we can still win the comp. If we make the 8 (which we should), we have the players to beat the storm. Of the teams i relay only thing Melbourne, Tiger, Warriors, Parramatta can win it. I had brisbane up there but with lockyer gone they dont stand a chance. The dogs can't winn it because they don't have the quality out wide or in the halves to beat Melbourne, Manly are just sh*t and orford is not playing well. Lyon isn't either and the halves are relay not producing. Their forwards pack will dominate lower teams but i think they will struggle against Melbourne, and an inform Parramatta and Tigers team. Their defence is awesome i just don't see enough points in them to crack the top sides. The rest of the comp relay isn't worth writing about, Cowboys other than Thruston and Bowan are struggling and can't beat top teams, sharks have no imaginaton in attack etc.

I think parramatta would do well to make the Grandfinal, i wouldn't complain, and if we did and lost it to melbourne what can you do. I just think if we get there we are more of a shot than if we don't. Can we take it all the way, i most certainly think we can.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Its hard i guess. Its an achievement to make the grand final but it feels worse to lose it because your so close, one game away and one opponent away from winning it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jono078 said:
I really think Parra is one of 4 teams that can make the big one. On current form they wont get near the Storm.

But there is improvement in them, particularly in the halves. So if they can play some good footy in the finals they could take out the comp this year.

as far as I'm concerned anyone who makes the grand final will be up against Melbourne and than it's a case of close your eyes and hope for the best.

Jono078 said:

I agree...I just have question marks about our intensity when it counts.

The Storm were scary on Monday night...I mean they scored a try from Cameron Smith running across field for about 15 metres ffs.

fish eel

Immortal
I hope other teams in the comp dont think the same way about melbourne or they'll be beat before they run on the field ffs

forward pass

Coach
spiderdan said:
i thought polla-mounter slotted one under (you're talking about '98, yeah?). from memory it was just after paul carriage had the first of three brain explosions that game. went to extra time and we lost 32-20 after we led 18-2 with about 10 mins to go in regular time.

A forgotten thing about that missed field goal, is that Harrigan actually went to the video ref as he didn't know if it made it or not. He is not actually supposed to have done that - but it was crucial so he wanted to get it right - and good on him for having the balls to do it.

forward pass

Coach
fish eel said:
I hope other teams in the comp dont think the same way about melbourne or they'll be beat before they run on the field ffs

I think most sides already feel that way. The only way they wont win it is if Cam Smith suffers an injury !!

V1er

Juniors
forward pass said:
A forgotten thing about that missed field goal, is that Harrigan actually went to the video ref as he didn't know if it made it or not. He is not actually supposed to have done that - but it was crucial so he wanted to get it right - and good on him for having the balls to do it.

I reckon harrigan was going to give the field goal as well before changing his mind and going upstairs. boy would that have been a blunder, not that it made any difference.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
grandfinal week is just awesome, its starting to get warmer and you feel summer coming, in the papers its all about parra. and then the big game comes. i'd rather make the grandfinal and lose then lose in the semis. im sick of losing in the semis we always do it lol

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The storm are not over the line yet. Remember 03 when the Roosters were unbelievably short priced favourites to beat Penrith and what happened. There are so many grand finals where the favourites do not win (I will not mention a certain year)

eels_fan_01

Bench
Its fair to say although i dont think it would be "choking" to lose to Melbourne in the grand final that every other supporter on this forum will give parra sh*t for being chokers because we still wouldnt have won a premiership after having another chance.

We still got it last year when we lost to Storm by 6 in Melbourne in week 1 of the finals.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Its fair to say although i dont think it would be "choking" to lose to Melbourne in the grand final that every other supporter on this forum will give parra sh*t for being chokers because we still wouldnt have won a premiership after having another chance.

We still got it last year when we lost to Storm by 6 in Melbourne in week 1 of the finals.
Yeah its a part of parra history now, forever chokers even if we win 5 grand finals in a row

eels_fan_01

Bench
hindmarsh4pm said:
Yeah its a part of parra history now, forever chokers even if we win 5 grand finals in a row

If we win 5 grand finals let alone this years grand final i wont give a sh*t what people say or give a sh*t about 2001 but im not overly confident but i still think we have a good chance.

i would rather make the GF and lose than fall out in the finals, i still remember the hype and anticipation in the weeks build up, i still remember leaving canberra heading to sydney and then getting to the game and watching the juniors...was a great day (not the result).

So yes i will definately heading up if parra happen to make it.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
If we win 5 grand finals let alone this years grand final i wont give a sh*t what people say or give a sh*t about 2001 but im not overly confident but i still think we have a good chance.
im with you on that, i couldnt give a hoot what people say, but im just saying that no matter what happens people will still call us chokers

EelGirl

Juniors
who would not love to be there, buts it's better not to get you hopes up, and be wonderfully surprised, and just enjoy all the fun around it.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I think its an achievement to make the 8 so id rather make the 8 than not but really does it matter if you go out first week of the finals or lose the grand final, to me it doesnt although its just my opinion.