What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 3rd October 7:30pm @Suncorp Stadium

Wasn’t it because JD supposedly didn’t want Reyno?
I know, good start 🤦🏻‍♂️
I thought it was salary cap issues and the planning for the longer term.

Theres a few players out there on the Bennett discount now ( playing for less) but that scenario is coming to an end.

There should be enough quality about for the next few years for an attempt.

I’m not a benji guy at all, but it seems to me, he’s still having an impact and is deserved of another year with you in a similar role. Much more so, given the class that’s marching on.

He wasn’t under control with us, that’s why he was sent off. But you’ve managed him really well. Like Renno he’s whole of game property.

I’m pretty sure your recovery and prep team are tuning up your players to minute perfect power and resilience by now.

The body gets used to footy. I don’t know how!

Bennet has already told them things for the mental prep side. Things to sink in and he will reinforce that at appropriate times. the game starts and bang, they are all at 300% and don’t even know it.

He actually trains players to listen, think absorb. This team is right in synch. Only Latrell held out.

They will win or die trying. There is no option.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for the Grand Final,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Nicholls
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Su'A
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Host
16. Burgess
17. Arrow

No changes from last week please.

Here's my predicted line up for the Grand Final,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Nicholls
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Su'A
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Host
16. Burgess
17. Arrow

No changes from last week please.
I’d be switching up the backline a bit during the game.

I would even start with Murray on the bench and let Hostie take up some of the early chaos.

That’s the last thing they’d expect.

The first part of their game is them smashing into people until they wear out. I’d send the raw meat out there to handle that.

Put Cam on at 30 minutes for Bennett’s pre-half time death sequence.

Every players lifts at about the 20-25 minute mark.

That’s tactical.

Last edited:
Over at wt Forum we’ve just agreed that Cody Walker can’t be contained, ball in hand running at the line.

We think you have to run their big guys ragged, but that said, we prefer your attack.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Over at wt Forum we’ve just agreed that Cody Walker can’t be contained, ball in hand running at the line.

We think you have to run their big guys ragged, but that said, we prefer your attack.
30mins in mate to a 1 hour show still no talk on Souths the bias is off the charts.

Gould says he’s never been more certain of anything and that’s that Penrith will win quite comfortably this Sunday.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I hate Paul Kent but he’s right here. Every week Penrith have a player going down around 20-25mins in clutching their head or neck to get a free HIA so they fake to be injured. And then when someone like a Cleary actually has taken a knock and is wobbly then they leave them out there.

And they keep getting away with it. It’s like the NRL just don’t care.

I’m tuning in @Rabbits20, ready to give the smug nightmares about this weekend.

The first thing I want to say is that Wayne Bennett gave up the Queensland coaching job to focus on South Sydney.

Secondly, it is well known that that his relationship with players has always been the key to his success.

What motivates the Souths side is the fear of letting him and their mates down. It comes from within. That’s what drove them to smash a very competent Manly side with their massive mobile robot grunts.

The smug will see the Cardinal and red and be immediately mentally hit with the last thumping you metered out to them.

Cleary will know half the Souths side will be itching to tear his head clean off everytime he gets near the ball. He’s not quite the big game player, he gets nervous and looks frightened sometimes. Its worth an early penalty to let him know he will lucky to finish the game in one piece.

Cody and Renno may never play together again. The meaning of that cannot be underestimated. That’s footy brotherhood. A bond forged in pain, suffering and blood.

There’s almost no emotional drive for the Panthers, it’s a soulless journey with big kids. They are way too young to know their feelings. Half of them want out anyway.

There will only be one footy side out there.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Last edited:
7D2F512C-008D-4447-A5CD-955DC6D55D77.jpeg
One of the best 5/8ths of all time, plays on instinct.

Bennett says he is 1 of only 2 players in the entire game who are threat every single time they have the ball. He said you can’t coach his talent. He should know too!

For Cody, winning a grand final is the biggest honour he can bestow on his mum. Nothing can come close.

Watching him thanking his mum every time he scores has great meaning. We are all better for it. Its kind.

Cody playing for his mum in a grand final is the stuff of nightmares for any opposition.

We’ve seen what he can do, he can pass quicker than people can see. Its otherworldly.
I am not even exaggerating.

Watching him take the line on sends a shiver up the spine.

You cant really plan for Cody Walker.
There is no known defensive solution.
Penrith don’t even have a question for him.

The most strike and easily the most naturally gifted player in the NRL.

He wears your jersey.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
I’d be switching up the backline a bit during the game.

I would even start with Murray on the bench and let Hostie take up some of the early chaos.

That’s the last thing they’d expect.

The first part of their game is them smashing into people until they wear out. I’d send the raw meat out there to handle that.

Put Cam on at 30 minutes for Bennett’s pre-half time death sequence.

Every players lifts at about the 20-25 minute mark.

That’s tactical.

Host is predominantly an edge. Starting with both Murray and Arrow on the bench is one of the most ludicrous things I've heard.

Changing things up to surprise the opposition for the sake of it is moot if it means you're actually nullifying your own strengths.

Start with the same team, the best team. We've seen teams get jumped at the beginning of matches and then struggle to get back into it. Souths can be one of these teams.

Penrith are a grinding team. They've exhibited this quality time and time again. Souths have done it less so and require a fast start and maintaining it.

big hit!

Bench

I hate Paul Kent but he’s right here. Every week Penrith have a player going down around 20-25mins in clutching their head or neck to get a free HIA so they fake to be injured. And then when someone like a Cleary actually has taken a knock and is wobbly then they leave them out there.

And they keep getting away with it. It’s like the NRL just don’t care.

How do you police this though? What if it's actually a head or neck injury? An NRL official without the requisite medical training is not in a position to determine this and shouldn't be. They need an independent medical officer in the bunker to review these things, but then you're giving control of the game to an outsider.

Do you remove the free interchange for head injuries in the first half? Would this be a deterrent? What then about the Keppie and Welch incidents which were obvious HIA's.

Do we get to a stage now where if you come off with any head injury whatsoever, you don't return to the game? That's the only way you're really going to remove fake HIA's. It's also demonstrating the upmost duty of care.