What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Pazza

First Grade
Indeed if the team worked out early on that you have to be Penrith ruthless every single game, we would not have lost the Sharks and Tigers games in the death and the didn’t-turn-up Bulldogs and Broncos games. That would have put us as equal with Penrith on 42 points and prolly missing out on the minor premiership only by differential +/-.

there is a lot of room for growth.

but the panthers on much further along than we are atm. they have taken the lumps that we did last night. it wasnt long ago guys like cleary, too, crichton, luai, martin etc and the whole panthers set up that was transplanted into the NSW blues got a huge lesson in playing games on the big stage by slater, Cam smith and thurston's QLD team in origin three.

Infact the intensity the panthers showed up with was very qld origin like. maybe they learnt something in game three?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I envy them. I don't hate them.

Though I do dislike Luai, because he's a grub, and I find him irritating.

But the club has put a lot of time, and resources, into getting where they are now, and you have to respect that.
They have set the standard and are probably 6-7 years in front of everyone else in terms of junior development.

The gap is big and it's up to the rest now to bridge the gap.

A lot of Clubs have been neglecting junior development for too long.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Hopgood is going to be good unless our coaches decide to change his style and mentality.

Rodwell can go he hasn't shown me anything and El Zakham is fine at cup but I doubt he makes the step up.

The Club should get go for someone like Eddie Blacker from the Panthers as well as Soni Luke as a hooker option.
We ain't getting no hookers.... bushy needs to keep the position open for his next son.

strider

Post Whore
We tried hard imo but were completely outclassed. Leota belted us into submission.

Lack of effort wasn’t the reason we lost.
Leota belted souths out of last week too ... when he smashed Fatrell the game turned. Latrell was rocked and he hardly showed up for the rest of the game.

Him and Lienu are your prototype beast middle forwards at the moment. Compact, strong, go like a freight train

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think we just ran out of steam early.

In the first 6 minutes of the game, Penrith did not make it into our half - every set we had, we made it into their half.

But they remained calm, and I think our intense start to the match (we were hitting like trucks in the first 10 minutes) took its toll.

And they're too good to not take advantage.

Gronk

Staff member

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We’re we motivated?? We squibbed it first half. First tackle kicks, forwards passing and not bothering to run. We were in it for about 5 mins and then decided it was all too hard.
Maybe I was just too drunk, but I swear I could see the body language of giving up after the first Panthers try...

the phantom menace

First Grade
Hopefully Russell in the mix somewhere there too...? Though we'll be a patched together backline again in 2023, and need someone with defensive chops to fill Ice's spot on that side.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Maybe I was just too drunk, but I swear I could see the body language of giving up after the first Panthers try...
Well our game plan all year seemed to just be front loading the first 20mins and going hard, and hoping we scored first and/or establishing a lead by half-time... big psychological moment for the Panthers to cross our line first.

Gronk

Staff member
Hopefully Russell in the mix somewhere there too...? Though we'll be a patched together backline again in 2023, and need someone with defensive chops to fill Ice's spot on that side.
Yep, there you go another kid ready to step up. There is a lot of quality about him.

Dont ask me why, but he reminds me of Russel Gartner. The way me runs and carries himself.

1664756925433.jpeg
1664756955053.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
I expect Soni Luke becomes first choice hooker at Panthers next year with Apis departure, an unlikely to give that spot up easily (or cheaply) in the future.

He goes on the market Nov 1 he would be a decent 14 we can't use JA as a bench hooker we need someone to come on in the 30th minute and up the tempo.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well our game plan all year seemed to just be front loading the first 20mins and going hard, and hoping we scored first and/or establishing a lead by half-time... big psychological moment for the Panthers to cross our line first.
It’s been the game plan for 9 years, hopefully some new coaching staff can bring some new ideas.

strider

Post Whore
Us parra fans got too far ahead of ourselves the last week - swept up in the emotion .... nothing wrong with that .... but reality is there was a reason 90% of people were tipping penrith and most were tipping them to win well - they are way ahead of every other team atm

Latest posts