What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final predictions.

Cammo

Bench
Still think Melbourne v Manly, but the Warriors are definitely a dark horse to take the place of either of the two.

The Warriors are looking good...it is crucial that Storm win next week because a semi away could be the end for Storm.

I say....Storm v Cowboys.

steven_tiger

Juniors
Souths vs Warriors

I honeslty don't think Manly or Melbourne will be there, nor the Cowboys.

The Dogs are struggling and the Eels have lost three in a row.

The Broncos have too many injuries to key players.

That leaves Souths and the Warriors.

steven_tiger said:
Souths vs Warriors

Are you referring to reserve grade ??...:?

Ice777

Bench
steven_tiger said:
Souths vs Warriors

Have you been hanging around with Joey?

Rovelli

Bench
Melbourne and Manly have been the best two sides in the competition this season, on the basis of that, they deserve each other in the Grand Final.

The Cowboys are a different team in the finals, and us Warriors have gone 9-2-1 in the past 12 weeks to get here.

I don't think the Bulldogs will get there this season - they are missing 'something' IMO.

The Eels have choked a lot in the finals of recent times, but the recent performance against Melbourne will give them heart. They must avoid 7th like the plague though.

I don't see the Broncos winning away from Lang Park in week one, which means no home finals for Brisbane. They lift at home, and away, whilst competitive, just don't have the strike power to get the job done.

The Rabbits' hopes of securing 5th or 6th and a more favourable first-round math-up flew out the window last night with an awful performance, and their season will last just six or seven days more.

warriors v cowboys but im not too sure on who plays who when. like if 3rd and 4th win first week would they meet each other before grand final?

Shorty

Staff member
Well,I think Manly/Melbourne isn't going to be a possibility.
Melbourne's been pushed by several teams but I don't believe Manly has really shown what it can do to win,the game vs Cronulla was impressive but still I don't think they'll make the GF.

It's going to be Melbourne vs Eels/Souths/Warriors.
I wouldn't count Cows out but I just have a feeling we'll come close but no cigar this year.

Rovelli

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
warriors v cowboys but im not too sure on who plays who when. like if 3rd and 4th win first week would they meet each other before grand final?

They wouldn't. If the higher-placed team wins on every occasion up to the week 3:

Week 1:
WAR beats 5
NQ beat BUL
MAN beat 7
MEL beat 8

7 and 8 gone

Week 2:
3rd highest winner (NQ) vs highest loser (5)4th highest winner (WAR) vs 2nd highest loser (BUL)

Week 3:
MAN vs NQ
MEL vs WAR

Would be an interesting game that - Cowboys vs Warriors. Both teams have had similiar successes and both have ex-Warriors/ex-Cowboys playing for the respective teams. Not to mention we both entered the comp at the same time.

Rovelli

Bench
Funny this - if Souths are going to be ANY chance, they have to hope that Parramatta beat Brisbane, so that they play Manly.

I wouldn't give them too much chance of beating Melbourne in Melbourne.

then a cowboys v warriors final i predict. as a game i think it would be a cracker if both teams played to their usual attacking best

Shorty

Staff member
Rovelli said:
Funny this - if Souths are going to be ANY chance, they have to hope that Parramatta beat Brisbane, so that they play Manly.

I wouldn't give them too much chance of beating Melbourne in Melbourne.
Yeah,but stranger things have happened.
I wouldn't have counted them out until last night,they cannot play like that if they think they're even a hope of beating either Melbourne or Manly.

And after losing like that,I'm not sure they'll have what it takes.

Rovelli

Bench
I wouldn't write Manly off...even though they are the team most likely to choke before then