What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final to celebrate Australian music

Spark Plug

Juniors
Anyone better than a mediocre rock band who had one or two hit songs a decade ago and that's it, and an Australian Idol winner who was forgotten about a few weeks after that years' series ended. Meh.

Are you serious? You Am I have more than 1 or 2 hit songs, mate. You may not like them but they're an Aussie rock institution. Powederfinger may have been a better option considering they're on a farewell tour, but it's not like they got some soft c**k rock band like Thirsty Merc there.......

carcharias

Immortal
this could be one of the greatest days of my life.

You Am I ...followed by the Dragons losing a Grand Final!!!!

:)

Mader45

Juniors
So we celebrate Australian music by having You Am I doing a couple of Rolling Stones songs? Plus an Aus Idol 5 minutes of famer doing some generic pop song. Wow, I bet it took longer to write the media release than to actually think about what would make a decent celebration of Australian music.

This really perplexes me. Especially as Mauboys song is only getting attention cause it features US Rapper Snoop.

This is like celebrating your wedding anniversary by cheating on your wife.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Celebrate Australian Music.

Yet no Chisel, barnesy, farnsy, Rose Tattoo, AC/DC???

It's not a celebration of Australian music, it's a celebration of having GF entertainment coming under the platry budget of 5 grand.

Sloth

Juniors
Everyone knows they should be doing a tribute to Ronnie James Dio - the greatest singer never to play for Australia.

You am I - Meh. Better than some Rap dickhead I guess.

As I type I am listening to Holy Diver, still prefered Ozzie in Sabbath though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Isn't it funny that a Sharks fan measures success by another club losing his Grand Final, rather than his own club winning one? :lol:

Canard

Immortal
Did you see Paul Kent on Controversy Corner.

Apparently the leagues budget is $50K for halftime entertainment, and the year the AFL got Powderfinger(a Brisbane band) they spent $500K.

Its just a waste of money for something that is happening whilst 80% of the crowd(at home and on tv) is taking a piss or eating a luke warm pie.

Spark Plug

Juniors
Isn't it funny that a Sharks fan measures success by another club losing his Grand Final, rather than his own club winning one? :lol:

haha. So true. This bloke just doesn't give up. He's seriously obsessed.

Sounds like somebody needs to come out of the closet.....

carcharias

Immortal
haha. So true. This bloke just doesn't give up. He's seriously obsessed.

Sounds like somebody needs to come out of the closet.....

obsessed with You Am I ..Hell Yeah!!!

Love seeing Dragons lose GF's? ..(and I have seen a few) ...Hell yeah!!!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
$20 hahaha please. My nephew is in a band, and because the lead singer came runner up in an Australian Idol, they earn up to $10'000 a gig.
500 people. Sweet FA. Top shelf covers bands were earning $10k per gig 20 years ago. Still, good luck yo your nephew - better $ than I ever earned.

We used to get Billy Idol and Tina Turner. Now we get Australian Idol winners.

Never heard of any of them. I assume they're typical popular musicians... Ie, sh*t.

It's a dickhead move anyway.

They should have got a Yank band. Audioslave or something.
Yank bands are generally crap. Pommy bands have always owned them. The only good yank acts are either dead (SRV, Dio, Hendrix, Ramones), over the hill (ZZ Top, Kiss), Drugged up and useless (Van Halen, GnR) or worth a squillion (Aerosmith, Metallica). I think Rage Against The Machine, or generally unheard of bands such as Chicken Foot are an exception.

Classic Pommy bands - none of the above. Maiden, Saxon, Priest, even Purple - still going strong. And they could have wrangled The Who with the AFL's budget.

As I type I am listening to Holy Diver, still prefered Ozzie in Sabbath though.
Sabbath with Ozzy - how f*cking good would that be? They could dedicate Snowblind to Todd Carney!

Spud

Juniors
If they want to promote Aussie music, how about giving to someone who could use it. The Butterfly Effect or The Fumes would have been alright.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is there anyone at the NRL under 55? We have some great current aussie musicians. Little Birdy, Birds of Tokyo, Julia and Angus Stone, tame impala, sneaky sound system, john butler etc to name but a few. They've pushed the boat out on this one, must have spent all of $2k!

Spark Plug

Juniors
Is there anyone at the NRL under 55? We have some great current aussie musicians. Little Birdy, Birds of Tokyo, Julia and Angus Stone, tame impala, sneaky sound system, john butler etc to name but a few. They've pushed the boat out on this one, must have spent all of $2k!

oh, please god, no.......

But then again, they're Eastern Suburbs wankers too so it could be fitting.....

m0nty

Juniors
Celebrate Australian Music.

Yet no Chisel, barnesy, farnsy, Rose Tattoo, AC/DC???

It's not a celebration of Australian music, it's a celebration of having GF entertainment coming under the platry budget of 5 grand.

And here, perhaps, is why Perth doesn't have an NRL team. Not bogan enough. :sarcasm: :lol: :cool: