What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final to celebrate Australian music

Noa

First Grade
Anyone better than a mediocre rock band who had one or two hit songs a decade ago and that's it, and an Australian Idol winner who was forgotten about a few weeks after that years' series ended. Meh.

Mauboy may not be your cup of tea (nor mine) but she is alot more then just that.

carcharias

Immortal
Is there anyone at the NRL under 55? We have some great current aussie musicians. Little Birdy, Birds of Tokyo, Julia and Angus Stone, tame impala, sneaky sound system, john butler etc to name but a few. They've pushed the boat out on this one, must have spent all of $2k!

bwhahahhahahahahaah

You Am I are one of the greatest ROCK bands in the country ...ever.

and you fwant these 3 bands over them.

Fuggen Billy Idol with no sound would gee the crowd up more.

hilarious.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And here, perhaps, is why Perth doesn't have an NRL team. Not bogan enough. :sarcasm: :lol: :cool:

don't worry, everyone who becomes a Reds member and isn't originally from the Eastern states will be issued with the following as part of their membership pack:

1. Mullet wig (available in black with bleached rats tail or slightly dirty blonde)
2. Once black but now a faded grey AC/DC Tshirt
3. Can of VB
4. Australia flag boardies
5. V8 racing car thongs (available in Holden or Ford, please state preference)
6. Red flanellete padded shirt for night games

Eastern RL fans now living in Perth simply need to turn up as if on a posh night out with the missus!

19009BL.jpg

beercoaster

Juniors
More often than not GF entertainment is a joke.
Trying to copy the seppo's but i don't care - I watch to see the game.

smi962

First Grade
Your definitely not gonna get anymore for $50-60K. Having said that You Am I are an Australian Rock institution and are awesome live. Tim Rogers has gotta be one of the best front men in the country.

Much prefer You Am I than the fumbleball's answer - the new INXS with that Canuck lead singer.

mrpwnd

Bench
Would've been better to get a few students from the conservatorium and perform an ensemble rather than these has-beens. Who the f**k even listens to Australian music? I thought it died out with midnight oil.

You Am I are the support, support act for Powderfinger's final tour in some places at the moment. They come on, then Jet and then Powderfinger. I think that says it all really.

chefman21

Juniors
The worst part is it has been done before. It's always You Am I, Barnes, Rose Tattoo or The Living End. Imagine Metallica playing For Whom the Bell Tolls. Or Guns n Roses playing Welcome to The Jungle. The crowd would go absolutely nuts. And it would be a big fat f**k you to the AFL. Pay them half a million bucks one year to play it's as good as any entertainment at any sporting event in the world. I know you have to please a broad demographic but I think 90% of fans would appreciate it.

carcharias

Immortal
Why would a Sharks supporter ever worry about grand final entertainment? You'll never have to go.

There is nothing you or any other clubs fan can say to a sharks supporter that will hurt us more than our own team...

so

julie and angus stone ey?

rock out man!

Latest posts