What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Y2Eel

First Grade
Danish said:
Does anyone else notice a startling similarity between Wii, Mac, iriver and Linux users??

All self important "My system is so much better than everyone elses" morons who refuse to believe that opinions can exist other than theirs.

I use my xbox 360 to run media centre in my loungeroom accessing 500GB of movies and tv shows. Wii owners break various objects in their bedroom jumping around like spastics.

P.S the new GTA:IV looks fantastic. Getting released on Xbox 360 first too :D

No i see a similarity in you being an xbox owner doing this though :lol:

I have a wii they are great fun the graphics are nothing compared to a 360 or ps3...I will probably get a ps3 when they come down in price...

Danish

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
It's actually scheduled for simultaneous release on PS3 and the 360. And going by this article, I'd say it may make it to the PS3 first if it even makes it to the 360 at all...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/uh%2C-oh/rockstar-gtaiv-limited-by-360-257184.php

So now if the game sucks we can blame the 360 :lol:.

I read otherwise but granted those articles are 6 months old or more now.

I am guessing they will get around these problems easily enough. Developers always do.

As for me acting like a Wii owner about my 360, I am going to own all 3 systems soon enough. However the Wii will be used solely during BBQs etc with alcohol present. IMO the system has zero appeal if you want to play it on your own.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
For those who don't know there's a new trailer to be released on the 28th of this month (29th in Australia) for the game.

Also found this interesting. $50 million USD for two rounds of episodic content? Microsoft are desperate, with that much money they could have funded an entirely new, top class game to sell their system. And if the past GTA games are anything to go by, the content will find it's way to PS3 eventually anyway after a year or so.

McLovin

Staff member
The new GTAwill be hitting stores near you soon...

gtacronullabeach.jpg

Danish

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
For those who don't know there's a new trailer to be released on the 28th of this month (29th in Australia) for the game.

Also found this interesting. $50 million USD for two rounds of episodic content? Microsoft are desperate, with that much money they could have funded an entirely new, top class game to sell their system. And if the past GTA games are anything to go by, the content will find it's way to PS3 eventually anyway after a year or so.

I'm rather certain that US$50 million buys the exclusive rights for a hell of alot longer than 12 months....

I'd hazard a guess at the possibility of it NEVER being offered on PS3. Afterall, would rockstar even go to the expense of developing these downloads for PS3 when they wont be offered for so long (if ever)?

One thing though... WTF is episodic content anyway?

bulldog

Bench
Episodic content is just like a retail add on for a game, new levels, missions, vehicles etc. etc.

Agree on the $50 mill too, theres no way Microsoft would pay that much for just a 12mth exclusive. That's not to say there won't be content for other platforms released, but I wouldn't expect to see any until after the release of the 360's new episodes.

Dragon

Coach
i thought it was going to be released on both PS3 and 360 at the same time, then later down the track X-box users can download exclusive content....$50 mill is a bit over the top, shows how desperate MS are.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Dragon said:
i thought it was going to be released on both PS3 and 360 at the same time, then later down the track X-box users can download exclusive content....$50 mill is a bit over the top, shows how desperate MS are.

That's how it works, and the downloads won't be until March 2008 at the earliest.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they will either leave the story incomplete on both versions and patch it up with these missions for the 360, or they will ruin the whole story by adding on unneccesary missions because MS paid them to. It's pretty unfair, PS3 users have Blu-ray discs that are going to be over half empty because Rockstar sold out, and 360 users have to pay for content because MS are desperate.

Dragon

Coach
Been reading a bit more on 'episodic content' and i really hope its not the way of the future for videogames. I dont want to pay $50 for half a game now, then another 50 for the rest of the game some months, possibly years down the track. I want a full version dammit ><

Jono078

Referee
That bloody sucks!

I guess it's made the decision easier as to what to get first out of FIFA or GTA :)