What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandfinal 2011 Thread....1

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Kingy and wolfman are still out. But close to full strength. I don't think we have had our full compliment all year though.

ceagle

Bench
Yeah and Lussick. But, going to be hard to drop Mauro he is doing well. If it was me I'd drop Kite (I no it wont happen), but our young forwards in Lussick and Mauro are very impressive this year.

We have a strong backrow. See the team like this:

1. B.Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hopa
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Galuvoa
9. Ballin
10. Kite (prefer Lussick)
11. Watmough
12. T.Williams
13. G.Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Rodney
16. Rose
17. Mauro/Lussick
Lussick is a far better player then Mauro, he will be our best prop next year. Lussick is also alot more bigger and athletic which we will need against the Warriors.

seaeagle sam

People forget after the brawl fall out what a game Lussick had against Melbourne. He wanted the ball all night and made a stack of great hit ups.

As for Kite, he's going alright. He does his job of a big man, hits the ball up and tires the defence.

Tommax25

Bench
Agreed about Matai, i think he is in trouble, I also think Trex tackle looked rather nasty.

Maybe Hoppa to the centres and Oldfield to the wing if Matai is suspended

I actually thought it looked not bad at all. Not fine, obviously he got him, but it wasn't a straight, swinging arm, and it got him right on the bottom of the jaw, obviously just a little mishit there. Way bigger than yoyyeh too, all in all I was extremely confident he'd get off, as in be free to play.

Tommax25

Bench
Kingy and wolfman are still out. But close to full strength. I don't think we have had our full compliment all year though.

Especially the wingers. Have we ever had Oldfield, Hoppa, Robbo, and Wolfy all fit at the same time? For even a single round? I don't think Des has ever had to make a difficult decision because I was thinking how is he gonna pick between Robbo, Wolfy and Hoppa when all are fit (with Oldfield rightly backup and not pushing for 1st grade yet)? And if I recall he's never had to.

firechild

First Grade
I feel that a upset is looming!
Warriors will win it in the second half when Manly usually clock off.

Just like they clocked off against the Cowboys and only scored 42 points. Manly haven't clocked off in the second half all season. In fact they came from 13-0 down to beat the Sharks in the final 20min, they came back from being way behind against the Bunnies to lose by a missed conversion on full time and they came back from about 20 odd points down against the Cowboys early in the season to lose by 2 with a try wrongfully disallowed in the dying minutes. Can you give an example of a game where they have been rolled in the 2nd half?

2010Dragons

Bench
Last game against the Broncos and the last game against the Dragons.
Only my observation....we will wait and see.

jbl31649

Juniors
Last game against the Broncos and the last game against the Dragons.
Only my observation....we will wait and see.

Your kinding aren't ya...game against the Broncos with a depleted squad, we where down 14-0 in the first and came back with 10 points and a couple of disallowed tries to finish 18-10 and a game in round 15 is your reference.

Well if we are going to go by that we beat the Warriors in rd06 20-10, if were going to drum up the past.

None of those games count for sh#t for ever team. They are all fit and comfortable with each other at this stage. It now comes down to attitude, desire and a bit of luck.

2010Dragons

Bench
Every one is entitled to an opinion.
Manly will start very strong and will take the lead early then Warriors will finish strong.
Like I said before, we will wait and see.

QlogoFrnt.gif

jbl31649

Juniors
I have noticed this up the middle.
Hopefully with Glenn Stewart coming back this wont be the case.

Shoosh your not mean to tell anyone our weakness, but its true. Teams that have been successful or given us a good run found us up the middle.

Glen usual roves from sideline to sideline, but if the Warriors want to beat us the need to emualted the Tigers in that second half last time we played.

They threw caution to the wind and spread the ball wide early, then brought it back up the middle.

For us, I want to see lots of dummy half running from Robbo, Matai and Hoppa, like we did against the Cowboys. Go long kicking early from Evans, try to turn them and tire them early.

Can't believe our forward packs is said to be big then theirs, Mind you one of their biggest sits on the Wing.

P.S. 2010Broncos, got to defend my team, I'm starting to get nervous and excited, my minds playing games.....and theres still 4.5 days.

P.S.S." Around 20,000 sheets of toilet paper - that's about nine squares per spectator - are stocked ready to go and 450,000 sheets of hand towels are on hand to help with the post-match clean up"

Plenty of Warriors supporters will need around the 65th minute, when its 24-6

source: http://www.nrl.com/cleaning-starts-ahead-of-sell-out-nrl-gf/tabid/10874/newsid/65030/default.aspx

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Just like they clocked off against the Cowboys and only scored 42 points. Manly haven't clocked off in the second half all season. In fact they came from 13-0 down to beat the Sharks in the final 20min, they came back from being way behind against the Bunnies to lose by a missed conversion on full time and they came back from about 20 odd points down against the Cowboys early in the season to lose by 2 with a try wrongfully disallowed in the dying minutes. Can you give an example of a game where they have been rolled in the 2nd half?[/QUOTE]

The 2011 grand final? :sarcasm: