What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandfinal 2011 Thread....1

jbl31649

Juniors
Was it me or did it seem like Kite was a bit stand offish in his hit-ups. Really impressed witn Vic Mauro and I believe we have Lussick back.

Not fussed who we play, it is noticable in attack when Glen isn't slotting in as a link to Lyon. He'll be back, which should bring more control in attack.

Like to see Foran take on the line more like he did earlier in the year. If we have both halves testing the defence we should really give the oppo headaches.

jbl31649

Juniors
Those are the main changes from the 2008 team - what is funny is that if it wasn't for injury and both King and Wolfman were pronounced fit, who would be dropped from the current team to accommodate for them? I don't see Lussick getting a look-in either, unless T-Rex is suspended.

It was sad what happen to Wolfman. He started to really shine again getting back to his best. As long as we don't lose both we'll be fine. If we do it will be alot tougher, but our depth has been tested all year, so we are no strangers to a situation like this.

ceagle

Bench
I'm am not worried about the replacement for Matai if he is suspended. Hoppa will do a good job, but I am concerned about bringing in Oldfield on the wing.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Was it me or did it seem like Kite was a bit stand offish in his hit-ups. Really impressed witn Vic Mauro and I believe we have Lussick back.

Kite's been a passenger ever since the conclusion of the 2008 GF. The sooner he goes to England, the better.

Matai wont play, which is a shame. I would have loved to see him belt Slater or Smith...again

jbl31649

Juniors
I'm am not worried about the replacement for Matai if he is suspended. Hoppa will do a good job, but I am concerned about bringing in Oldfield on the wing.

Yeah he is a risk for the most important match of the year. As long as T-Rex is fine, we'll not need Oldfield. Not wanting to bag the young bloke, but he still has issues in defence and over runs his centre alot.

T-Rex can always revert back to centre in Matai's place.

caspersparks

Juniors
Congrats guys, all the best next week.

You guys must be so proud of DCE, that game last night was as good a game from a halfback I have seen in a long long time, and to do that as a rookie was brilliant, he could win the Clive Churchill Medal next week if you guys win ( which I think you will ) then I'd pick him in the Aussie Squad for the upcoming tour.

Your management knew what they were doing by not worrying about getting into a bidding war to keep Trent Hodkinson.

thanks champ, yeah.. dce has shocked all of us, he is a talent

Both guys should be playing, anything to the contrary is just irrational Manly hatred. Good luck next week, I hope we smash you though

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Matai cleared and T-Rex will get off with an early plea.

Great news, albeit surprising. Straight after it happened I had conceded that we'd be playing without Matai.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Mattai free to play ???????????worst decision ever...the bloke is a grub.....i am now a warriors supporter this week.....

Oh bugger! What will we all do now?
hahaha who gives a shit if you and every other Manly hater go for the Warriors.
Go the Eagles!!!

jbl31649

Juniors
Matai cleared and T-Rex will get off with an early plea.

Great news, albeit surprising. Straight after it happened I had conceded that we'd be playing without Matai.

and Glen Stewart back, what a time to have our full strength side come together woo hoo.....Let the hating being all you non believers!

jbl31649

Juniors
Don't forget Lussick

Yeah and Lussick. But, going to be hard to drop Mauro he is doing well. If it was me I'd drop Kite (I no it wont happen), but our young forwards in Lussick and Mauro are very impressive this year.

We have a strong backrow. See the team like this:

1. B.Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hopa
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Galuvoa
9. Ballin
10. Kite (prefer Lussick)
11. Watmough