What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandfinal days for NSW Cup and Jim Beam Cup

outsider

Juniors
The first year of JBC was payed on GF day between Wenty and the central coast side who also won last year.. The Jets JBC cup grand final as has been pointed out above was played the week before the NRL GF and was a hat trick of losses for the Jets in 3 weeks with the womens side being beaten the week before JBC at Henson in a cliff hanger.

2TB you are very confused and I hope this is all clearer now.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah mate. Got it the first time around. The second must have been an extra pleasure for you though, no doubt.

Thanks for bringing it up again though and reminding me that i am still human.

PS... But f**k off now thanks mate.;-):lol:

I agree with girvie.

The NSW Cup and JBC deserve their own grand final day (similar to the UK's National Leagues grand final day) and Parramatta Stadium (or a boutique ground such as Leichhardt) would be an excellent venue.

I have fond memories of going to a couple of the old Metro Cup Grand Finals in the late 90s (which were always standalone matches) and they were great nights for grassroots footy.

A great day / afternoon / night not only for fans of the foundation clubs in the NSW Cup but also all those NRL fans who want to experience footy the way it once was...

2 True Blues

Coach
I have fond memories of going to a couple of the old Metro Cup Grand Finals in the late 90s (which were always standalone matches) and they were great nights for grassroots footy.

A great day / afternoon / night not only for fans of the foundation clubs in the NSW Cup but also all those NRL fans who want to experience footy the way it once was...

I was there for some of those Metro G/Finals mate. They used to get a HUGE crowd also.

Not sure about Parra stadium though. It should be held on mutual ground etc, giving no-one a home ground advantage as such.

baddog

Juniors
parra stadium is too big. even a good crowd of 5 thou would look hopeless there. leichhardt, or even kogarah would be good. western weekend might also be a good option

girvie

Staff member
I think the best grounds would be Leichhardt, Henson or North Sydney. Use which ever one is a neutral ground.

2 True Blues

Coach
Love that idea. neutral ground taken under consideration.

If Norths and Jets play, its at Leichhardt. If Balmain and Norths play it's at Henson. If Jets and Balmain play it's at North Sydney oval. proceeds going to the appropriate place and all as such accordingly.

If anyone else plays , its a toss of the coin or a turn in turn via calendar turn.

Top idea Girvie. You are onto something here, for sure. Top call !!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CONFIRMED...

2008 GRAND FINAL DAY SCHEDULE:[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]12.15 - VB NSW Cup Grand Final[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]14:15 - Toyota Cup NYC Grand Final[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]17:00 - Telstra Premiership NRL Grand Final[/FONT]

Source: NRL Email Newsletter regarding Grand Final tickets

Bollocks................................

I was really looking forward to the NSW Cup being a stand along event at a smaller ground like Leichhardt or Parra.

2 True Blues

Coach
Bollocks................................

I was really looking forward to the NSW Cup being a stand along event at a smaller ground like Leichhardt or Parra.

They confiscated BB43's hooter when we went to that G/Final several seasons ago. He was wearing a jets jersey at the time.

When we got into the ground they were handing out " Free noise maker sticks " with sponsors names on their sides, and all the NRL fans still had their hooters on them. :crazy:

Atleast we shall get to watch it on TV. But if I go to the grand final ( which I certainly shall if jets are in it ) I will just leave after our game, like i did the other year. Prior to NRL kickoff. Though I would hang around to watch it if the Roosters were playing in NRL .

Indeed, at least we'll be able to watch it on the box. However, if the GF had been a stand alone fixture at a smaller ground I would have deffo gone no matter who was playing and made a day of it. Think the NSWRL has missed the opportunity to market the NSWCup GF as a day out for all RL fans and to bring it back from the razzle-dazzle that is the NRL.

Just imagine if the the JBC and the NSW Cup Gf's had been at Leichhardt on a Saturday arvo starting at 3pm with the JBC followed by the NSW Cup at 5ish under lights...

Oh well, instead it'll be a non-event in front of a few early birds in an empty stadium. Cheers.......

2 True Blues

Coach
Indeed, at least we'll be able to watch it on the box. However, if the GF had been a stand alone fixture at a smaller ground I would have deffo gone no matter who was playing and made a day of it. Think the NSWRL has missed the opportunity to market the NSWCup GF as a day out for all RL fans and to bring it back from the razzle-dazzle that is the NRL.

Just imagine if the the JBC and the NSW Cup Gf's had been at Leichhardt on a Saturday arvo starting at 3pm with the JBC followed by the NSW Cup at 5ish under lights...

Oh well, instead it'll be a non-event in front of a few early birds in an empty stadium. Cheers.......

I know what you mean mate. And I for one ( as you should know ) agree totally. Am glad for some TV coverage, but when compared to what it could have been, ( with independant ) TV coverage. ??

I think it is a further intentional case of the NRL making sure it is not "noticed" again infact, in hindsight.

*** Go away all season, and we'll bring you back g/final day. Talk all over your TV coverage, ( making sure to not show the crowds cheering again as they might look too large ), and hide you's away again, that way ( while most footy fans are doing the BBQ or headin to the bottlo ) waiting for the big game later on.

I am with you HPH.

Hope they give the NSWRL game the credit due to it this year though ( centenary year ) but know better..

Maybe move towards what we all want next season.?;-)

Disappointing outcome IMO.

Both competitions deserve to have their finale on their own day and in front of their own supporters.

It would have been televised anyway on the NSWRL show on Foxtel...