What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grant Mayer on 2UE

Some questions and answers I wrote down quickly.

Potter:
Gibbsy - will he be the coach next year,
Mayer - Plenty of speculation by media,

Fatty - Has Potter's future been discussed with the board,
Mayer - Not at all,

Gibbs - When will we have an announcement by West Tigers on his future,
Mayer, no announcement because there is no issue,

plus Mayer also added,
some support staff have decided to move on,
when a captain comes out an publicly supports the coach, that's good enough for me,

Farah:
Take the issues with Robbie's contract as reported in the press this morning as correct,
However, there is no issues and the contract will be logged with the NRL by end of week,

Sheens:
Yes that is correct, he is suing the club,

But they finished off with,
Gibbs - so will Potter be the coach in 2014
Mayer - as far as I'm concerned he will be

but Mayer went on to say something about it's still up to the board and Fatty & Gibbsy finiashed off with their own opinion and I think they are just as confused as all of us.

Fordy20

Juniors
Good to hear Mayer supporting Potter. Hopefully these blokes can overcome our board and pull this rabble of a club together.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope Potter stays. I hope that Mayer is behind him 100% and not with a knife in the back.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like Mayer, Potter and Farah are all staying.

good news on all fronts imo

Matchball

Bench
Fatty is a snide prick. He snickered about Mayer taking the CEO job, like it was a basketcase job that nobody would want.

So was the CEO yesterday just speaking to the media for the sake of doing so?

Is any of the following true? or is it just a journo trying to get a story>

Push is on for Trent Barrett to coach Wests Tigers

TRENT Barrett is the front-runner to replace besieged Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter next year, with senior players, including club captain Robbie Farah, believing it's a done deal.

The likelihood of Potter surviving beyond this season took a devastating hit last Friday night when they lost to last-placed Parramatta.

The Tigers are now in danger of finishing with the wooden spoon for the first time in the merged club's history. The size of next week's task could not be greater as they face competition leaders, the Sydney Roosters, next Monday night.

Despite chief executive Grant Mayer categorically denying Barrett, the current assistant coach to Ivan Cleary at Penrith, will replace Potter, there is no question that interest in him has spiked over the past 48 hours.

The hot topic of who will coach the Tigers next season was a major talking point in a dejected dressing room at Parramatta Stadium last Friday night, which led to senior players, including Farah, discussing Barrett's anticipated arrival.

Barrett has formed a strong relationship with key figures at the Tigers, including Farah, Origin prop Aaron Woods, and Balmain legend Steve Roach, through his work as an assistant to Blues coach Laurie Daley.

There were also reports that Barrett met with Wests Tigers officials last Friday. That was refuted by Mayer on Saturday.

"No, not right. I can absolutely say that never has Trent Barrett met with the Wests Tigers board or management," he said.

Despite some support for Potter to be offered a second chance next season, his card has been marked.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ach-wests-tigers/story-fni3gpz1-1226694827525

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a DT piece, they probably don't like Potter because he doesn't do media.

they have an agenda, always

R2Coupe

Juniors
This -

The hot topic of who will coach the Tigers next season was a major talking point in a dejected dressing room at Parramatta Stadium last Friday night, which led to senior players, including Farah, discussing Barrett's anticipated arrival.

dumpy

Juniors
A f##king sick one at that, Tiger05. The biggest joke has to be the trend setting "board" with 3 Head coaches; is it a Guinness World Record! If not, nothing will stop them.

Matchball

Bench
Its just too hard to believe.
WT can't even afford Sheens let alone Barrett. He won't work for the salary that Potter gets.
How are we supposed to pay for him?

innsaneink

Referee
Its just too hard to believe.
WT can't even afford Sheens let alone Barrett. He won't work for the salary that Potter gets.
How are we supposed to pay for him?

You me and all the other mugs

sfx100852.jpg