What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Bassists Discussion Thread

Scorpio30

Bench
I used to think Steve Harris was the bass king. Then I tried to play Joneseys bass run in Immigrant Song. Now I understand.....

Gotta mention John Entwistle.

Stu Hamm - technically the best I have seen (one time Satriani bass player)

Billy Sheehan's not bad either.

And for the geniuses who have mentioned Gene Simmons - I give you Cliff Williams, Ian Hill and Sid Viscious. Geez Ron!!!!!

Lemmy Kilminster deserves a special mention too.

So Ian Hill from Judas Priest is no good? Im actually listening to a lot of priest at the moment and have always wondered if he was any good because you would hardly know he was there! Have always just considered him the token bass player.

LESStar58

Referee
He's a lot better than solid, although you don't really see it in Metallica. Suicidal and Infectious Grooves on the other hand is where her shows his sh*t.

Thats why I put his name out there.

Another one I forgot to mention is Tony Kanal of No Doubt.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I managed to teach myself to play it up until a little after the drums kick in, then it all got too hard for me, lol!

This song is such a bitch LOL. The intro is easy and still awesome but, props to Burton for coming up with something that sounds so good yet is simple. I'm up to the drums part now as well SpaceMonkey, and yeah... :|