What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Bassists Discussion Thread

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Juan Croucier
Geezer Butler
Gene Simmons
Michael Anthony ( had some awesome bass lines in early VH eg everybody wants some)

Loudstrat

Coach
I used to think Steve Harris was the bass king. Then I tried to play Joneseys bass run in Immigrant Song. Now I understand.....

Gotta mention John Entwistle.

Stu Hamm - technically the best I have seen (one time Satriani bass player)

Billy Sheehan's not bad either.

And for the geniuses who have mentioned Gene Simmons - I give you Cliff Williams, Ian Hill and Sid Viscious. Geez Ron!!!!!

Lemmy Kilminster deserves a special mention too.

Loudstrat

Coach
And how could I forget Roger Glover???

Deep Prurple - a band chock full of talent like no other - yet hardly any mentions of Gillan, Paice and Blackmore in these threads???

Maybe I'm getting old......:(

Tunguska

Juniors
Stevey Harris for me - unbelievable in The Trooper - sums his galloping up and fits the lyrics.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I used to think Steve Harris was the bass king. Then I tried to play Joneseys bass run in Immigrant Song. Now I understand.....

Gotta mention John Entwistle.

Stu Hamm - technically the best I have seen (one time Satriani bass player)

Billy Sheehan's not bad either.

And for the geniuses who have mentioned Gene Simmons - I give you Cliff Williams, Ian Hill and Sid Viscious. Geez Ron!!!!!

Lemmy Kilminster deserves a special mention too.

Dude i only mentioned players liek Gene because of how much he contributed to KISS music in general and the band as a whole ;-)

Sting anyone?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
absolutely, Trujillo is f**king awesome.

As was Cliff, he made a bass do things it was never meant to do.

Loudstrat

Coach
Dude i only mentioned players liek Gene because of how much he contributed to KISS music in general and the band as a whole ;-)

Sting anyone?

Yeah, fair call. Some bass players have been great writers, like Nikki Sixx, McCartney, and Phil Lynott (god he was a talent!!!)

Latest posts