What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Britain Vs France

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31052007/4/france-lay-expected-fielden.html

France Lay-Off Expected For Fielden

Thu 31 May, 08:09 AM

Wigan prop Stuart Fielden is likely to be one of several senior Great Britain stars rested for next month's one-off Test against France.
New coach Tony Smith has indicated he would like to give some players not used in last autumn's Tri-Nations series a chance to stake a claim for regular places in the squad.
The Lions take on France at Headingley on June 22 and New Zealand in a three-Test series starting in October.
"We want to have a look at a few new faces with next year's World Cup in mind and that gives us a chance to give guys like Stuart who have been on the scene a while a bit of a break," said Smith, quoted in The Guardian.
France coach John Monie is hoping the mid-season match against the Lions will become an annual contest.
The introduction of Catalans Dragons to Super League has increased exposure to top-level rugby league for a number of French players and Monie believes there is a lot of potential.
The Australian former Wigan coach said: "Anybody who loves rugby league should love international rugby league and I'm all for trying to build a French team to play Britain on a yearly basis.
"It would be ideal if it could be played one year in England and the next year in France, where interest is growing all the time."

Coastbloke

Bench
I tried to initiate a thread in the International section, mainly for the purposes of keeping an eye on ticket sales...

I think because it will be closer than previous games, it should sell out. It's only a 22,000 seater stadium..

I've scoured the Net for stories on the game, but there's not much. How is the feel in England? Any ideas on tix sales?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Help us zozito, Asterix, AlbertRosenfeld, rugby13france-livrade+sav if you can, there's no bloody news of this game at all in the English speaking countries, it's pathetic.

Have, or do you guys know anything about this game?

Any of our English mates out there know anything about ticket sales, promotion of the game ect ect ect?

Come on RLIF, pull your finger out, if you want the game to grow, give us some news once in a while. :x

They complain when they have empty stands, yet they do the same thing year after year, maybe you guys need to fire the bloke who promotes these games, he or she is clearly not up to it.

You guys don't care, but us fans of RL do, we are the ones that cop the crap in the media and from other sports, you guys don't give a stuff, again, US FANS CARE.

Dakink

Bench
ParraEelsNRL said:
Help us zozito, Asterix, AlbertRosenfeld, rugby13france-livrade+sav if you can, there's no bloody news of this game at all in the English speaking countries, it's pathetic.

Have, or do you guys know anything about this game?

Any of our English mates out there know anything about ticket sales, promotion of the game ect ect ect?

Come on RLIF, pull your finger out, if you want the game to grow, give us some news once in a while. :x

They complain when they have empty stands, yet they do the same thing year after year, maybe you guys need to fire the bloke who promotes these games, he or she is clearly not up to it.

You guys don't care, but us fans of RL do, we are the ones that cop the crap in the media and from other sports, you guys don't give a stuff, again, US FANS CARE.

Yup and Ill second that motion....

astreizix

Juniors
No more news on french media :? .

I can only say that the game will be broadcast live on "Sport+"

http://www.ffr13.com/1-14317-Detail-d-une-actualite.php?Id=195

And I have 2 pics of J.Monie the day of the french championship final.

finalefclpia270507104hc0.jpg

finalefclpia270507034fn8.jpg

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
06.03.1934 said:
No more news on french media :? .

I can only say that the game will be broadcast live on "Sport+"

http://www.ffr13.com/1-14317-Detail-d-une-actualite.php?Id=195

And I have 2 pics of J.Monie the day of the french championship final.

finalefclpia270507104hc0.jpg

finalefclpia270507034fn8.jpg
Typical, sitting there having a nice drink of wine, watching a good club game and thinking he's doing a wonderful job. :roll:

Yes, Catalans will move RL forward in France, but the Blues playing will get more people involved and interested, which in effect will grow the game the whole country over..

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Look guys, the only way they'll ever get it into there heads is if we keep posting.

Even if you just come in and "bump this thread" every day, it shows the buggers we care.

It's up to us, lets show them we care.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Looks guys n girls, we need you people to have your say, they will never listen until we tell them, we know media poeple like Danny and Becky look at LU, all you have to do is post a yes.

If you are intersted in the GTB vs France international, all you need to do is post a yes.

Come on all you RL fans, international fans, come on you TFC buggers, even guys like thomas, International fans, international posters, all we need to do is let them know.

I'll start it off.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Here it is, post a yes, thats it.

YES.

Willow, all the mods, come on, let these buggers know.

Fight the fight, we will win. :nwave:

aarondoyle

Juniors
I'm interested. Don't think it'll be played in Australia though :(

We should set up some sort of swap whereas people who tape the game on their computer/DVD recorder on one side of the world can upload it to a torrent programme so other people can watch. I'd love to see more internationals between other countries. I'd watch Scotland vs Estonia if it was on... Scratch that. Maybe I just need a life.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
YES!!!

i think this is futile, but still... YES!

Thank you, it only takes a few to start it off.

Come on the rest of you buggers, we see you read, but no post, all we need is a yes.

YES.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
aarondoyle said:
I'm interested. Don't think it'll be played in Australia though :(

We should set up some sort of swap whereas people who tape the game on their computer/DVD recorder on one side of the world can upload it to a torrent programme so other people can watch. I'd love to see more internationals between other countries. I'd watch Scotland vs Estonia if it was on... Scratch that. Maybe I just need a life.

You don't need a life, you need more RL.

bartman

Immortal
You're right, there's not many articles on this around yet. Tony Smith is yet to name his GB squad, once he does then the interest here should build. There will be no Super League games that weekend, so a few people (especially in Yorkshire) that will be looking for a league game.

Friday night though isn't everyone's ideal match time over here, but we'll see how the crowd turns out. Ill probably head over, Headingley's only about 45 mins train from where I am. Anyone that booked tickets to the round of Super League in Cardiff received an email questionnaire, and if you filled it in you were entitled to an adult and child ticket deal.

Here's a article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/6707149.stm

Fringe players to get GB chance

New Great Britain coach Tony Smith says he will rest some regular first-choice players for the one-off Test against France to give others a chance.

The Lions face France at Headingley on 22 June and then play New Zealand in a three-Test series starting in October.

"We want to have a look at a few new faces with next year's World Cup in mind," Smith told the Guardian.

"That gives us a chance to give guys like Stuart Fielden, who have been on the scene a while, a bit of a break."

France's former Wigan coach John Monie says the establishment of the Catalans Dragons in Super League has raised the standard of the French game and he hopes the mid-season international could become a regular fixture.

"Anybody who loves rugby league should love international rugby league and I'm all for trying to build a French team to play Britain on a yearly basis," he said.

"It would be ideal if it could be played one year in England and the next year in France, where interest is growing all the time."

bartman

Immortal
For Australian viewers it might well be shown on Foxtel, as it's being broadcast on Sky UK in place of the usual Friday night Superleague match. The way things usually go this means it should be shown delayed on the next Thursday/Friday? If you want to make sure you get to see it, email Foxtel now... let them know there is a demand for international footy.

Latest posts