What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great game Dragons

MacDougall

First Grade
There was controversy, but there is no arguing that the Dragons basic gameplan and style won them the game tonight.

The Tigers saved their best for last in my opinion.

In this Tigers fans opinion the Dragons were that slight bit better than our best. Our defense was the best I've seen it, 1 point not good enough. The Dragons D was 1 point too good.

Stunning game from my perspective. I am so happy that I can say without bitterness great game both teams. I love my boys and I am in awe of the class of the 2010 Dragons. Well done.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Wests played the best they have in seasons today. They shouldn't hang their heads in shame.

80 minutes away from Sweet Sixteen.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Tigers only had, what? About 6 tackles in the Dragons 20m zone? None of which im pretty sure occurred in the 2nd half.

So its quite a miracle that they only lost the game to a field goal in the 75th minute.

Im not sure if that says more about the Tigers defense or the Dragons inability to break open a team starved of possession and field position.

Either way both teams played very well. Still think the Tigers would have won it had Farah and Marshall's kicking games not capitulated in the last 20 minutes.

MacDougall

First Grade
I'd love to say that this season is a Dragons 1 Tigers 2 but unfortunately that won't be the case. The Roosters have had a great back half too and the system we run has given them the chance to throw their life at it. It's going to be a great grand final.

Nice words there MacDougall.

Tell you what though, I feel we can play better than that, but the heart we showed was amazing.

Having a week off takes it up the arse ..... then again looking at a couple of our players, they seem to be nearly at the end of their tether.

R2Coupe

Juniors
It was a great game and well played Dragons.

It will be interesting if the Dragons do win whether Bennett returns to QLD.

He is such a dynamic character hopefully he stays in some capacity in RL.

Good luck next week.

Whats Doing

Bench
Great game. Dragons had far the better field position and should have won the game by more with the field position they had. I thought the tigers played a bit more conservatively than normal and this may have played into the Dragons hands.

Well done to both.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Great game, the Dragons defence when we were coming off our own line was brutal, never seen anything like it.

Very proud of the way we performed. For years we've been accused of being soft and too small (some of it rightly so). I have never seen a Tigers side defend as well as we did last night (and in the first finals match against the Roosters)

Saint Doc

Coach
I said to my tigers mate last night neither side deserved to lose last night. Dragons got the flip of the coin and after years of losing we'll take it. But well played tigers...that was the best performane we've played against all year

taxidriver

Coach
agreed

there were bad calls for both sides and in the end it was a coin toss

tiges were awesome yesterday, both sides were

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Tigers did very well considering they had a makeshift fullback and halfback.
Mckinnon and Moltzen into the side and i think they will go one better next year.

Edit - not to forget the omission of Tuiaki, who would have racked up a good 20 tries for the year.

dubby

Bench
Well defended STG.

Isn't it incredible that the Tigers rushing defence drew what.....5 penalties in that first half yet they didn't concede 1 while using the same tactic vs Canberra?

Tigers shouldn't have been there in the first place.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Well defended STG.

Isn't it incredible that the Tigers rushing defence drew what.....5 penalties in that first half yet they didn't concede 1 while using the same tactic vs Canberra?

:lol:

FMD...another bitter Faiders fan. Get over it, you lost fair and square last week.

If only we could play Canberra every week, guaranteed two points.

Now, f**k off and stop polluting this thread with Canberra bullsh*t.

Well defended STG.

Why are Canberra supporters such poor losers? Can't you acknowledge that the better team won last week just as us Tigers supporters have accepted that the better team won last night?

Have you ever conceded that Canberra lost a game fairly or is always a consequence of referees' connivance/ bad luck?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yeah, gotta give credit to the Dragons D

All through the second half I felt if the Tigers could get a set of six in the Dragons 20 or some back to back sets we would score but the Dragons didn't give us a single chance in the second half.

Latest posts