What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great news

bucko

Juniors
I'm sure everybody has already read this on the official raiders site, but Darren Porter has decided to stay with the club for another year rather than retirement. This is simply excellent news for the club.

Montz

Juniors
He made his debut on a wonderful evening against the Bulldogs at the showground. He plays hard and with a lot of heart. I'm very pleased he stayed on board the Green Machine.

Paullyboy

Coach
I wouldnt really call it great news, i would be surprised if he ever played first grade again

bucko

Juniors
He won't play first grade I don't think, but it's good for premier league, he is an excellent player, and would be good to have in the side for all the up and comers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
im echoing Paullyboys thoughts
it isnt that great news, it will help PL but nothing else by maybe slow to development of some young players

he is a good player and all but i fear he might be remembered by raiders fans as a player who played one season too many

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Raider_69 said:
im echoing Paullyboys thoughts
it isnt that great news, it will help PL but nothing else by maybe slow to development of some young players

he is a good player and all but i fear he might be remembered by raiders fans as a player who played one season too many

My sentiments exactly.

greeneyed

First Grade
I can't see how it will hold young players back. Remember sometimes it is good to have experienced players around a team so that they can pass on the tricks and give some stability and leadership to the team.

Plus Porter was one of the best Premier League forwards this year.

And, even looking at the worst possible outcome (ie he doesn't perform like this year) there is not much lost. He is not in the top squad or anything.

mike83au

Juniors
I'm not going to talk down someone who wants to represent the Raiders.

Congratulations to him for signing on and showing that he is committed to the club and his team mates.

Hopefully he can have another good year next year.

Latest posts