What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great performance by the boys against the odds...

natheel

Coach
Cheers - only problem for Parra is they have a 17 day break until they play Manly on Monday night in round 15. I think they would've preferred to play again next week & build on tonight's effort.

If that were the case manlynwould kill us. The break will do our forwards good manly are an aggressive pack.

Our d has come along nicely all that is needed is a decent attack. 3 solid efforts in a row now for us let's hope the break does us good

Good luck to the dragons. I think you guys helped bringnthe best out of our boys tonight hope it's the turning point we need

possm

Coach
Bounce of the ball, 50/50 decisions and Ref calls went against us last night. The boys did not get flustered and dispite all of this, they still came away with a point.

Some poor decisions towards the end of the game costed the Dragons a win. Should have gone for the one point at the scrum just before full time. Sowie was in position and no one could have got to him. Instead Hornby decided to run the ball and for the next 4 tackles the Dragons ran the ball. Bad decision and I think Wayne would tell them so.

redvscotty

First Grade
Great play by Parra, they are picking up. Can't stand Hayne but I shit myself when he took that FG attempt from 60m out, it was a ripper (apart from missing)!

smi962

First Grade
Great play by Parra, they are picking up. Can't stand Hayne but I shit myself when he took that FG attempt from 60m out, it was a ripper (apart from missing)!

I reckon its madness trying to kick them so far out, not playing the odds at all by giving the opposition good field position. But your right, it was a good effort to get as close as he did with that one attempt.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
He doesn't get much game time time because he is overweight and ineffective.

And sports bad hair cuts. Not sure what his 'do' was last night as I couldn't be arsed watching the 11.30pm Fox replay.

I wish the NRL would take a leaf out of the AFL and MLB handbook on how to do 'live PC updates' for those poor,pathetic fans, like myself, who live in remote area's.

Big Norm

SEAT 1A

Bench
There were massive two calls that didn't go our way. First, was Le Gaz's penalty and the other was in the second half. Dragons put up a bomb and the ball went forward to a Parra player which was in front of him.

There was a bee's dick difference on Fien's penalty and Hunt was silly, however he tried to make up for it by basically making the next six tackles when Parra got the ball after the kick off.

2010Dragons

Bench
There is no way parra were disciplined enough to only give away 1 bloody penalty!!!!
The Pink Pelicans used thier home town whistles only

Father Ted

First Grade
If that were the case manlynwould kill us. The break will do our forwards good manly are an aggressive pack.

Our d has come along nicely all that is needed is a decent attack. 3 solid efforts in a row now for us let's hope the break does us good

Good luck to the dragons. I think you guys helped bringnthe best out of our boys tonight hope it's the turning point we need

Like to get a Parra supporters view on two things 1 On Haynes personality we read so many different things is he the news ltd Prima donna he's painted? 2 Your supporters thoughts on the new coach ?

Breathingfire

Juniors
How bout a dragons perspective? Hayne is f**king arrogant little shit and Kearney has no f**king idea. f**k Parra. The ruck was a disgrace last night. The eels slowed the play of the ball down all night and we only got one lousy penalty all game.

Mr Red

First Grade
my thoughts on the teams efforts:

negatives:
1. seriously another inept performance by prior - i know he was out of position but he is really off his game at the moment. surely a toyota cup centre would be a better option in the backline? he looks disinterested and has no agression or intensity in his play.

2. Weyman looked in slow motion - he got bent back nearly every time he ran and his play the balls we sooooo slow it always gave the defensive line time to get back. he doesnt seem to be running very hard at the moment.

3. we looked totally disorganised throughout the match, i know we had a few injuries but i think this was the type of game that Hornby and Soward should have grabbed and saw us across the line...

positives:
1. i thought Dan Hunt played his best game of the season - our only prop who looked effective on the night.. he ran and tackled with agression the whole match.
2. the team looked a lot better with Nathan Fein on the field - i thought he added something.
3. to play bad and still get a draw is a good result. i dont think Parra can play much better then that and i thought we still had their measure and finished the stronger team.

Breathingfire

Juniors
my thoughts on the teams efforts:

negatives:
1. seriously another inept performance by prior - i know he was out of position but he is really off his game at the moment. surely a toyota cup centre would be a better option in the backline? he looks disinterested and has no agression or intensity in his play.

2. Weyman looked in slow motion - he got bent back nearly every time he ran and his play the balls we sooooo slow it always gave the defensive line time to get back. he doesnt seem to be running very hard at the moment.

3. we looked totally disorganised throughout the match, i know we had a few injuries but i think this was the type of game that Hornby and Soward should have grabbed and saw us across the line...

positives:
1. i thought Dan Hunt played his best game of the season - our only prop who looked effective on the night.. he ran and tackled with agression the whole match.
2. the team looked a lot better with Nathan Fein on the field - i thought he added something.
3. to play bad and still get a draw is a good result. i dont think Parra can play much better then that and i thought we still had their measure and finished the stronger team.

I have to agree with all of this. I am a little worried about Weyman. I rate him highly and i thought he played well against the tigers but last night it was a case of him being dominated. I don't think he has been the same player since the groin injuries. Hunt did have a fantastic game and Prior did seem to be a little off with the fairies last night. I take deep breaths every time he gets the ball. I do think the side is tired and i am sure that they will bounce back and be a force when this horrible disruptive origin period is over and we have a bye etc.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Prior best be careful. When Cooper comes back he's in danger of losing his starting lock position to Cuthbo.

Mr Red

First Grade
Prior best be careful. When Cooper comes back he's in danger of losing his starting lock position to Cuthbo.

agree.
apart from being in better form, cuthbo also adds some ball playing in the forwards which we havent had since Smith left.
although Bosden had a few lapses under the pressure of last nights match, i still like the way he rips in as well.

j0nesy

Bench

This is true, although I thought Prior went alright last night. Cuthbertson, though, is playing excellent football.

Parramatta really took it to us in the first half. Their line speed was excellent. Yes I thought they slowed the ruck down, and were very lucky to get away with it unpenalised. Overall it was a good effort from the lads (again). I think we'll come good again once the silly season (rep) is over.

Saint 60

Juniors
hmm..what your all sayn is pretty true..but seriously no losses in 10 games now?

shhh we travelling fine :)