What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great performance by the boys against the odds...

Godz Illa

Coach
Cuthbo also lapsed into laziness in defence - at one point was so slow on the inside that Casey McGuire strolled through the gap effortlessly. He's still got a lot of work to do.

Ditto Bosden who made a couple of clangers

Avenger

Immortal
Like to get a Parra supporters view on two things 1 On Haynes personality we read so many different things is he the news ltd Prima donna he's painted? 2 Your supporters thoughts on the new coach ?

1. My 9 year old son became footy mad on the back of Jarryd Hayne's season in 2009. I know there are better maybe more consistent players in the comp but I wouldn't swap him for anyone. What you also have to understand is that The Daily Telegraph eats their own and regularly cannabilises our great game. If it sells papers they will blow wind up Jarryd's arse or put the boot in if it sells papers. I have heard that he does have an ego but it is somewhat exaggerated. We seem to forget that he had that stellar year when he was only 21. He is maturing and will get better with Kearney whom I fell is the best young coach in the game and exactly what Hayne needs.

2. Kearney became a leader and captain of a NRL side at age 21 and captian of the Kiwis soon after, that doesn't happen too often. He is a gentleman, a natural leader and the best thing that has happened to Parra since we signed Brian Smith in 1997. I personally met some of our players during my kids birthday party at Parra Stadium and they couldn't praise him enough. From all reports Anderson had communication issues with some players. He had to go. The great Wayne Bennett fully endorses Kearney. Anything further I say pale into insignificance.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Pretty good effort under the circumstances,they sure as hell looked flat with the origin & probably training tapering off to freshen em up.We should of had a field goal attempt at the scrum but i think they were allowed to stand offside.Fui charges up for a hit from offside & creates a mistake but when Hunt tries the same penalty FFS.For all those calling for Bosden to be selected each week the only place he should be is where he is,first he drops it & then a school boy play the ball.

blacksafake

First Grade
Never heard more bias commentating or seen onesided reffing as tonights game.

Every 50-50 call to the eels. 6-1 penalty count to the eels.

The eels ain't that disciplined.

Call me a sore fan, but I have to get it off my chest.

It was like the eels needed a win to score hayne a nsw jumper. Pity the drags defence was too good to go to plan.

The penalty on Hunt, he didn't take him out.

The one against gaz after the trysaver. Is he meant to disappear? Even the eels guys thought play on.

The one on fien, so what if he called held, fien thought it was play on, tell hindy to get up and play it. No harm done.

Eels back about 5m on every drags fg attempt at end of match.

Anyway, I feel better now. Great effort by the boys. Pleasure to watch.
Have to agree how convenient that sterlo did'nt mention in the 1/2 time break that parra were well & truly ahead as far as possesion was concerned just talking up parra's(haynes) effort.As for johns he has been death riding us for ages.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Prior best be careful. When Cooper comes back he's in danger of losing his starting lock position to Cuthbo.
Don't think that's Prior's main concern IMO ..

He has just been lucky that we are now halfway through the season, but still haven't had Young + Fien at full fitness at the same time so far.

Once both are back to full fitness, I would imagine Fien will start at hooker and Young will start at lock, with Prior coming off the bench.

possm

Coach
It is clear the Refs had their eye no the Dragons all match. After looking at the replay a few times, it seemed that Parra were getting more than a free go with regards to the ruck and the ten metres.

Having said that the Dragons had plenty of opportunities to win the game and fell short. Lets be happy with the point it is better then none.