What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great start for Hull fc

ozbash

Referee
Looked a bit patchy to start off with but Hull settled down and played some per centage footy and were obviously a class above Cas.

I really enjoyed the fact that it was an away game for Hull but the 10k crowd must have been 3/4 supporting them.

Whats going on with Blacklock ? is he on the outer with club officials.

Top efforts from Thackery, Mots (when he came back on) and Swainey

The Tigers will be all the better for that game. I think they will have a good season once they get going.

The ref was a bit jekell and hyde.
1st half an idiot, 2nd he was brilliant.

Nev

Juniors
Agree with all points except the crowd. Having attended the game, the FC support was good, as you would expect for the first game of the season but there were 4k max. It is not games like this Cas need to win. Its the games against Salford, Wakefield etc they need to win and I'm confident they will. Any win against a top 6 team would be considered a bonus.

In-goal

Bench
It is not games like this Cas need to win. Its the games against Salford, Wakefield etc they need to win and I'm confident they will. Any win against a top 6 team would be considered a bonus.

a good point in the view that staying up in the first season is very important then the consolidation of the second and push there after.

JasonE

Bench
I listened to the game on the net and listened to the phone in after the game, Hull FC fans seemed very happy with that for starters and i think the key for them is having a fairly settled line up whilst it will take Cas a while to settle. Cas fans shouldn't be too downhearted and HFC fans can look forward to a successful year. How good is Yeaman ?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
That Viane really knows where the tryline is doesn't he? I don't really rate him but damn, he scores alot of tries.

Cas need another halfback, Kain can't carry a team on his own at his age with his experience without an experienced player playing alongside him at halfback.

I still can't see Cas dropping, you look at their line-up and you look at Wakey's and their foward pack is far too good to let them drop to NL1, they'll go OK.

AliN

Live Update Team
A good 1st up game for Hull. The potential is there and to win away from home was a bonus.

pmarrow

Juniors
Great start for us, very professional performance and didn't let Cas get any momentum going. Some good workman performances from the pack and yes Yeaman is probably one of the best centres GB has got (hopefully this year he'll get his chance).

No problem with Blacklock, he had little pre season game time so started off the bench.