What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great story

denis preston

First Grade
Well, what a great story and agree with a lot of sharkies supporters that this one should be promoted by the NRL. Great work by Mary ( shit coach by most likely a very decent person ) and it does put things in perspective. This is from the Sharkies forum.

Hello all Sharky supporters .
Well today I took my 3rd boy to watch his beloved dragons play .
He was upset when they lost & Mary McGregor noticed & invited us into his coaches box .
I can’t thank him enough , he made Nathan’s day & considering Mary just lost the game in the last few minutes, while warriors fans were giving it to him .
Nathan was stoked to get a photo with Gareth Widdop & I just thought I would share a really good story seen there always seems so much negative re players etc
THANKYOU Dragons for making a 9 year old boys night .
Up up boys awesome win Thursday night .
I hope you don’t mind me sharing this on our sharks page .
Cheers all

getsmarty

Immortal
Well, what a great story and agree with a lot of sharkies supporters that this one should be promoted by the NRL. Great work by Mary ( shit coach by most likely a very decent person ) and it does put things in perspective. This is from the Sharkies forum.

Hello all Sharky supporters .
Well today I took my 3rd boy to watch his beloved dragons play .
He was upset when they lost & Mary McGregor noticed & invited us into his coaches box .
I can’t thank him enough , he made Nathan’s day & considering Mary just lost the game in the last few minutes, while warriors fans were giving it to him .
Nathan was stoked to get a photo with Gareth Widdop & I just thought I would share a really good story seen there always seems so much negative re players etc
THANKYOU Dragons for making a 9 year old boys night .
Up up boys awesome win Thursday night .
I hope you don’t mind me sharing this on our sharks page .
Cheers all

Great Story..thanks for sharing and kudos to Mary for making your son's day.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Yeah despite what he lacks in elite coaching nous, Mary really has my respect as a bloke and the way he represents the Red V.

I've long stated I would have no issue in the slightest with Mary as an assistant coach for this reason.

LINESPEED

Juniors
He's not good enough for that role either.

Maybe Waterboy.

XXX

Yes
Perhaps though
Waterboy should extend his largesse to professional team selections ( sorry there’s an oxymoron in there)

- Instead of playing kid gloves with Plod & Turnstile
- whose selections are the root cause of our current malaise when u do the logic

possm

Coach
Yes
Perhaps though
Waterboy should extend his largesse to professional team selections ( sorry there’s an oxymoron in there)

- Instead of playing kid gloves with Plod & Turnstile
- whose selections are the root cause of our current malaise when u do the logic
I'd support the idea of giving Mary a job as school's community realations officer for the next two and a half years on his current salary. The appointment to come into effect the day he resigns as head coach.

Old Timer

Coach
Once in a while we should put aside the issues re football and just recognise a good deed.
There is no need for any negativity or innuendo re this thread and it should simply be taken for what it is "a good news story".
Kudos to all concerned and I am really glad to see that kind things still happen in this world.

Latest posts