What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GREATEST GAME OF ALL!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Robbo said:
just wondering what the best matches were from last years comp? I'm currently hooked on NRL.com telstra video gallery and i need to see some more classics. I've already seen the first SOO which was awsome.

There were a few great games last year,

the GF for sure between Penrith/Roosters was a classic game, it had everything.

And theres also the semi final between the Raiders and the Warriors, an amazing game.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The best games Ive ever seen are:

1997 GF Manly Vs Newcastle
2003 GF Penrith Vs Roosters
1993 SOO New South Wales Vs QLD, Game 2, SFS
1991 SOO New South Wales Vs QLD, Game 2, SFS

There are so many great games Ive seen, I cant remember them all.

Paullyboy

Coach
89 Grand final for me as well.

Hard to go past any close finish though - its incredible how little the first 79 minutes matter if there is a great finish

woodgers

Bench
89 GF for me as well. Even if the greens didn't win it, i'd say the same.

Last year: SOO 1, Raiders vs Warriors semi, Melbourne vs Brisbane at Olympic park

fat_mike

Juniors
one of the better last year was the raiders chooks match down at bruce. awesome game that see sawed back and forth until a 90 metre effort from ryan cross and mini got the chooks across the line.

best game i have ever seen is either the 03 grand final which was brilliant and harded to watch when your team was playing in it or the second ashes test in 90 when ricky stuart got australia home with that incredible break that sent mal over. great stuff

_Johnsy

Referee
Knights v Manly GF, it was all about the underdogs, and why everyone loves the underdog.

Then the dragons win over the broncs last year in the last round. With approx 11 players out and to win at suncorp, great. I took my 2 daughters to that game and they have both said dragons for life. Great night for RL.

Edwahu

Bench
The best I ever saw live was the 1994 major semi between Cantebury and the Raiders. Even though we lost it was still an absolute classic.

Easily the 89 GF overall. Second test in 90 was awesome too.

Fibroman

First Grade
Penrith v Roosters, 2003, Penrith Park. Even though the roosters belted us. I feel that game in particular, may have assisted in the panthers developing a winning mindset for the rest of the year. Roosters did play a near perfect 40 minutes of football, and panthers bounced back, and still made a game of it for most of the second half.

raz

Juniors
Earl said:
99 Grand Final

And the 70 - 10 flogging of St George after Mundine had come out and said that Sts were the rightfulPremiers and they would prove this :lol: :lol:

Lance Thompson sure proved it :roll: dragons are cats.

Rd 1 2001 Eels VS Panthers - Gave me the feeling that the eels would win it all.

:x

burley griffin

Juniors
I agree Edwahu. That major semi between the Raiders and the Dogs in 1994 was an absolute classic. The semi between the Raiders and the Warriors last year was sensational.

The origin match that really sticks in my mind was the first game in 1998. There was so much feeling in the game - the first time all players had been available for selection since 1996 (cos of Super League). Queensland scored in the last minute and converted to win by 2 points, even though NSW had looked set to win it.

Well how about that, in each of my games i supported the losing side.

fat_mike

Juniors
that semi in 94 was a classic, i had forgotten all about it. one thing that sticks out is the brilliant backline movemnt the raiders used from a scrum to put mullins over. cut out face ball onto a flying mullins that went straight through a massive gap. champagne rugby league.