What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GREATEST GAME OF ALL!!

greeneyed

First Grade
1989 Grand Final is the best grand final of all time. Despite what the revisionists at the SMH like Roy Masters like to push.

Matt23

Staff member
1997 ARL grand final & the 1989 grand final...both classics.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
keeney said:
for sure arl gf 97 knights manly

will never forgive any novacastrian scum for cheating in that game.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

greeneyed

First Grade
The 1989 Grand Final has it over all other GFs... as much as the fairytale ends of the 1997 and 2003 GFs had.... the latter two had more to do with the result than the actual game. The 1989 GF had absolutely everything and was in the days where endurance actually counted... AND it had extra time..... it was the most extraordinary game I have ever seen, and the Sydney/NSW media hates that the Raiders won it, but it doesn't change the facts that it was the best.

t-ba

Post Whore
"Northern Eagles" Vs Sydney Roosters @ Brooky, Round 4 2002. The Day Manly Stood up and pointed its middle finger at all the so-called 'experts' who reckoned we'd be insolvent by the next week...

Surandy

Bench
The 1998 grand final.

I have no idea who played, what the result was, and at the time I had no idea of the rules.

Why is it the greatest game of all for me? Coz that was the first game of Rugby League I had ever watched and it got me hooked.

greeneyed

First Grade
Raiders V Balmain... when you look back at the quality of the teams across the park, it was full of legends.... and the good guys won.

Kaz

junior
Surandy said:
The 1998 grand final.

I have no idea who played, what the result was, and at the time I had no idea of the rules.

Why is it the greatest game of all for me? Coz that was the first game of Rugby League I had ever watched and it got me hooked.

That was between the Broncos & Bulldogs.

Broncos won

38 - 12

Robbo

Juniors
just wondering what the best matches were from last years comp? I'm currently hooked on NRL.com telstra video gallery and i need to see some more classics. I've already seen the first SOO which was awsome.

simon says

First Grade
Try the Broncos v Warriors game last year.That was a classic,has evrything in it and well worth a watch IMHO.

89 GF was a hell of a game no doubt,didnt like the result too much but you have to admire the actual game itself...big hits,try saving tackles,last minute tries in game time and then extra time.......unbelievable.

If you want to see an absolute bloodbath,watch the 73 GF Cronulla v Manly game.The first half is one brawl after another and there is more claret spilled than at a wine tasting festival.Not much footy but for pure violence it is no1.

Anonymous

Juniors
99 Grand Final

And the 70 - 10 flogging of St George after Mundine had come out and said that Sts were the rightfulPremiers and they would prove this :lol: :lol: