What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greece v Serbia

langpark

First Grade
Less than two weeks til this landmark match takes place in Athens (28th of October). I can't wait, even tho i can't be there. Should be a good game, altho i expect Greece to win because of the Aussie-based players they'll have. Hopefully the Greek public get out there and watch the game, and hopefully like it.

PS: on a side note, check out this wikipedia page, is says Serbia has 25,000 juniors! who writes this stuff!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_in_Serbia

langpark

First Grade
I think i remember discussing Serbia's playing numbers with you a while ago actually. 35-40 U18'ers is just brilliant. If Greece had that amount in 5 years time I'd be happy.

I can't wait for the game, I hope the locals are treated to an exciting game, and I hope that by this time next year there can be a team full of local Greek players. It'd be great if these two could make it an annual event because Serbia will be the closest nation to Greece that plays it, and the two nations have been strong allies since way back. But maybe a great rivalry could start between the two.

Are you going to the game? Are the Serb boys fired up for it?

jvujosevic

Juniors
langpark said:
I think i remember discussing Serbia's playing numbers with you a while ago actually. 35-40 U18'ers is just brilliant. If Greece had that amount in 5 years time I'd be happy.

Are you going to the game? Are the Serb boys fired up for it?
We have more U15, about 50-60 players in 3 teams, and soon we will start
U15 domestic competition, we will work hard with this age group, because we need them for Euro U16.
Yes I will come to Greece.

dorcolrugby

Juniors
Serbia announced warm-up squad for Greece match:

1. Ivan Antic
2. Ivan Mitic
3. Milan Djordjevic
4. Mate Granic
5. Zoran Pesic
6. Marko Zebeljan
7. Nenad Grbic
8. Igor Minevski
9. Mario Milosavljevic
10. Dalibor Vukanovic
11. Soni Radovanovic
12. Nenad Tomic
13. Milos Kucancanin
14. Branko Vojvodic
15. Radoslav Novakovic
16. Nemanja Babic
17. Jovan Vujosevic
18. Haris Dajc
19. Dimitris Dajc

Coach: Marko Jankovic
Coach assistant: Jovan Vujosevic

The team is mixture of expirienced Serbian Euro Nations Cup players and the best young players who played on U19 Euro Nations Cup this year. There are few debutatants, and maybe some new players will join the squad till Serbians go to Athens.

jvujosevic

Juniors
langpark said:
Awesome, when do you guys leave for Athens?
We will go from Belgrade by bus on Thursday, 26.10.2006. and we will travel 1000km to Athens it's about 13h of journey. We will be in Athens on Friday in morning.

langpark

First Grade
Awesome. Will you guys have enough time to see any of the wonderful sights of Greece?

And i take it that's you at #17, Jovan? Good luck in the game guys, but not too much luck, Go Greece! :D lol

jvujosevic

Juniors
langpark said:
Awesome. Will you guys have enough time to see any of the wonderful sights of Greece?

And i take it that's you at #17, Jovan? Good luck in the game guys, but not too much luck, Go Greece! :D lol
We are very lucky, because Greece is very near Serbia, and most of our players were 6-7 times in Greece on seaside, I was at least 10 times in Greece, most on north of Greece, and 3 times in Athens. I will play, and I’m number 17, but I hope that I will be 9. ;-)

dorcolrugby

Juniors
Serbian players know how tough encounter expect them in Athens, no matter the Greek side will not be pure Aussie-based. We know that the core of the opponent will be from Australia and that's enough for our boys to be serious, because on our level few quality players can really make the difference. We are satisfied with the work on trainings and we are not going to Athens with white flag.

Costaki

Juniors
jvujosevic said:
We are very lucky, because Greece is very near Serbia, and most of our players were 6-7 times in Greece on seaside, I was at least 10 times in Greece, most on north of Greece, and 3 times in Athens. I will play, and I’m number 17, but I hope that I will be 9. ;-)

where abouts have u been in the north?

cause im from mitrousi which is about 1 hours from thessaloniki

jvujosevic

Juniors
Costaki said:
where abouts have u been in the north?

cause im from mitrousi which is about 1 hours from thessaloniki
I was 2 times in Thessaloniki, but I was 5-6 times on Halkidiki near Thessaloniki (Kassandra) places Pefkohori, Hanioti, Kalitea, and I was once in Asporovalta.

Costaki

Juniors
jvujosevic said:
I was 2 times in Thessaloniki, but I was 5-6 times on Halkidiki near Thessaloniki (Kassandra) places Pefkohori, Hanioti, Kalitea, and I was once in Asporovalta.

nice thessaloniki is the best place in all of greece and Halkidiki is the best. i would rather go to Halkidiki than any of the islands

da_greekbulldog

Juniors
nahh i reakon sifnos is mad lol thats where my mum comes from apart from athens and my dad from ketatera and nacbuktor (however u spell it)

langpark

First Grade
i'm from rhodes, patra, mitilini & rihea. Nice mixture there :D

So this historic match is upon us, how awesome, wish i could be there for it.

Latest posts