What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greener Pastures

PJ

First Grade
Not at all, he deserves better.

My understanding though was that he was signed up tight.

Frailty

First Grade
As a friend said to me.

The day Gallen leaves, will be the day all hope for the Sharks is gone.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Gallen will be a sharks immortal.
The southern stand will be renamed to the Paul Gallen stand.
A massive statue of Gal will be erected at the gates.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
Anyone who leaves the Sharks willingly is a dirtbag.

Anyone who plays for another club is a dirtbag up until the time they sign to play for the Sharks.

So the simple answer is yes.

webShark

Anyone who leaves the Sharks willingly is a dirtbag.

Anyone who plays for another club is a dirtbag up until the time they sign to play for the Sharks.

So the simple answer is yes.

My answer is yes too. Would understand if he left,but you are either a one club man or your not.

Plastered

Juniors
No - I could never hold a grudge against Gal after the blood, sweat and tears he's put into this team (and got SFA in return). It would make it that much harder to keep the faith, but that's nothing a pep talk from Quigs wouldn't fix.

Would anyone think of Gal a lesser person if he left the club to chase that elusive premiership?

It's funny how these negative threads pop up after a loss and not after a win.

Gal owes the Club nothing.
He owes the fans nothing.
I would wish him the very best considering the time and effort he has put in as a player at the Club.

Who knows what will unfold for the rest of his footy career but I hope it's to always be with the Sharks and that he finds even more success in rep matches and that he can once again be involved in a competitive Club team that provides an opportunity/ chance to fulfill the ultimate dream.

As for thinking less of players that leave the Club.
It depends on the circumstances but in general I just couldn't care less about them. I was disappointed in Matt Rogers that he played for the Gold Coast as it was his dying mother's wish that he never play against the Sharks. I am also very disappointed in Kade Snowden because we were offering him great money to stay and the Club has been pivotal in the player he is today. But when it's all done and dusted I couldn't care less now. I don't follow them I follow the Sharks.

Having said that it makes it very easy to follow the team whilst Gal is in the team. The passion he shows for the Club is unbelievable and even if he doesn't win a Premiership he will have had a successful and memorable career and he will go down as one of the great Shark legends. As for the above mentioned. Pffftttt....

Last edited:

Windy70

Juniors
If Gal left then we lose the last scrap of heart we have left in the club. But I could not blame him if he did.

One club players become champions,,,,Club hoppers are constantly adapting and rarely reach 100% full potential.

I'll cry if he does leave tho.... :(

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
my answer, would I hold it against him? no

would he remain in the ET, Lockyer class of one club the whole f**ken time? No.

bluey

Bench
I dont like any one that leaves us, just some i dislike more than others=====Flake

The Dodger

First Grade
I dont hold no grudges, but i really couldn't care less if he leaves.

Im all about the club, not the players.

Anyway, it would probably do Gallen and the sharks some good if he did leave.

Who gives a f**k, just do what your being paid to do, play good footy and win us a premiership.

if you cant do that, then f**k off.

Latest posts