What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird is gone big time

TRANSLATION

Juniors
dice said:
Many trips have been overlooked over the last few years. Stevens deserves time off but he would be one of the unlucky ones.

If bird and stevens are given time they will prove harder to beat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ones a Lazy ass and the other a Free Pass, Speedbump.

skeepe said:
Suspensions should be something like:

Bird 14-16 weeks
Stevens 5-6 weeks
Sullivan 1-2 weeks
Isemonger 0-1 week
If Sullivan gets 1-2 weeks Morley should be out for the season. I only saw the Stevens 'trip' once, but it looked like nothing to me.

Oh and to the guy who said Kimmorley had a cry because Bailey got pinged for being offside, the ref should have kept penalising him. He was deadset 2 metres offside at EVERY SINGLE TACKLE.
As were Souths.

Mambo

Juniors
eternaltreblinka said:
skeepe said:
Suspensions should be something like:

Bird 14-16 weeks
Stevens 5-6 weeks
Sullivan 1-2 weeks
Isemonger 0-1 week
If Sullivan gets 1-2 weeks Morley should be out for the season. I only saw the Stevens 'trip' once, but it looked like nothing to me.

Oh and to the guy who said Kimmorley had a cry because Bailey got pinged for being offside, the ref should have kept penalising him. He was deadset 2 metres offside at EVERY SINGLE TACKLE.
As were Souths.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some bitter responses here, folks! Just admit it, we BLEW YOUR USELESS MOB OFF THE PARK!!!!!!!

It'll make you feel better to tell the truth........eventually. :twisted:

Northwest Rabbit said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some bitter responses here, folks! Just admit it, we BLEW YOUR USELESS MOB OFF THE PARK!!!!!!!

It'll make you feel better to tell the truth........eventually. :twisted:
:lol:

If you can feel happy about the Rabbitohs' performance, good luck to you! Two hopeless teams battling for third-last.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Disgusting act. I could understand it if it was an accidental thigh as he was running back to be marker, but he moved miles off course just to knee him.

12 weeks.

RogerKilljoy

Juniors
As someone who grew up with Greg, played footy with and against Greg in juniours and someone who is still a close family friend of Gregs, I can say that the action you saw him perform is in no way indicitive of how Greg really is.

Not to excuse what he did, but what you saw uesterday was the result of inexperience and frustration. That said, I felt pretty sickened and ashamed by what he did.

He DOES deserve a long wit on the sideline, but he doesn't deserve to become the scapegoat of anti-league crusaders who will no doubt lynch him for a rare, very out of character action that I know he regrets and will regret for the rest of his career.

Booyah

Bench
How long did Maddison get for his elbow?

12 weeks I think. AND he had a record.

I don't think Birdy will get anymore then that, and he has a clean record. I'd say he's looking at at least 8 weeks.

And I'm not defending him either. I was as disgusted as the rest of you. I booed him off the park like everyone else.

Sportsjock

Juniors
RogerKilljoy said:
As someone who grew up with Greg, played footy with and against Greg in juniours and someone who is still a close family friend of Gregs, I can say that the action you saw him perform is in no way indicitive of how Greg really is.

Not to excuse what he did, but what you saw uesterday was the result of inexperience and frustration. That said, I felt pretty sickened and ashamed by what he did.

What a load of bullsh*t, i also have had dealings with Greg Bird, and while he is a decent person off the park , this is the same bloke who ran 40 metres in a GRAND FINAL for MAITLAND in juniors to King Hit a bloke and in doing so cost himself a chance of playing for the Knights in the FLEGG GRAND FINAL.

To make matters worse, he played against the rules of the Knights Jersey Flegg for his local club Maitland in the SAME GAME, when he was not supposed to be even doing so ONE week prior to the Knights GRAND FINAL.

RogerKilljoy

Juniors
Sportsjock said:
RogerKilljoy said:

What a load of bullsh*t, i also have had dealings with Greg Bird, and while he is a decent person off the park , this is the same bloke who ran 40 metres in a GRAND FINAL for MAITLAND in juniors to King Hit a bloke and in doing so cost himself a chance of playing for the Knights in the FLEGG GRAND FINAL.

To make matters worse, he played against the rules of the Knights Jersey Flegg for his local club Maitland in the SAME GAME, when he was not supposed to be even doing so ONE week prior to the Knights GRAND FINAL.
Meh, as I say, I am as digusted by what he did as the rest of you, my point was that he is a decent bloke off the field, and you agreed.

As for playing with Maitland a week before the Jersey Flegg game, everyone knew Greg's future wasn't with Newcastle, so who cares if he didn't play in the Jersey Flegg side.

Matt23

Staff member
Thats probably something he picked up from Rutherford High (One of the roughest in NSW)

RogerKilljoy

Juniors
Matt23 said:
Thats probably something he picked up from Rutherford High (One of the roughest in NSW)

Go the mighty Ruddo boys!!! A proud Ruddo high graduate right here! (That's right, some of us do graduate!). We're proud to be a little rough in Rutherford, I dunno know about one of the roughest in NSW though?

Latest posts