What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird reportedly considering an offer to Join Newcastle Knights from 2012

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Just read this as it came up on the Fox Sports News Banner. Can't find it anywhere. They'll probably have a report of it in the next News Section.

Interesting!

chinorocks

Juniors
Bird would be an awesome signing. Just the kind of game breaker we need in the pack IMO. If we could land him, plus one of Snowden/Boyd I'd be very happy with our recruitment for year one of the Wayne era.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Said on Fox Sports Active that the Knights are 'well advanced' into negotiations with Bird. Hmmm. Interesting to see what happens in the next week or so.

Johns Magic

Referee
Maybe Bird in the backrow and Costigan to prop is Bennett's answer to why we're not chasing Snowden.

Sweet. I would gladly take bird over boyd. He would slot in very well. He would add some much needed aggression to our pack

Sacrolishes

Juniors
true it is telegraph... and it was only a small article but the fact its also on Fox Sports has me a little more keen on that its sincere! Love to have him back. I still remember clearly him running around in lower grades for us thinking "this kid is gooood" Ha. I can see him and Edwards being a new formed bruise brothers Squad! .. just letting my mind wander a little :D

My Dream pack for next year.

8. Snowden.
9. De Gois.
10. Costigan.
11. Houston
12. Taia.
13. Bird.

14. Faaoso.
15. Edwards.
16. Patto.
17. Hilder.

perverse

Referee
i don't think we'll see 2 big name forward signings. more likely a name like Bird or Snowden and then a fringy or 2 like Jon Green that Bennett will turn into a decent enough first grader... of course the hope is that he can just get more out of the stocks we already have available, too.

perverse

Referee
i still think Tui is underrated. i haven't seen him have a poor game yet. no earth shattering, match winning performances either... but he's never poor. i think his improvement will continue and he'll be better towards the end of the season, too.

i'd almost go as far to say that he's the best prop in our squad. it would be a tight race between he and Richie. not a massive wrap, but he has heart and you notice the difference when he comes off the field. to be honest, there are things to like about our forward pack... there are just 2 very unlikable characters in there too. i won't name names, but it's not hard to work out.

Last edited:

Latest posts