What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greg bird!

White Poiner

Coach
Bone'r.. are you making up sh*t.

Bird is going alot better. And about time too. Him and simmo owe alot to the sharks. Lets see if he can play like this all year.

Quigs

Immortal
redbacks back said:
Bird has the potential to be the next "Gavin Miller". He's a brilliant player and as he matures, a future captain.

0-top5.jpg

Mate, I say Mate.......

There just happens to be a little bit of a difference between Mr Bird and Gavin. Gavin was doing it at the top at 17, and stayed at the top till the end. Rothmans, Golden Boots, Dally M's etc etc.

Bird has done ????? and since ?????

I wish Bird well and hope he kills em but please, compare in maybe three to four years .....

Gav's page on the biff http://www.eraofthebiff.com/p-109.html

Cheers
Quigs

sharks8601

Juniors
thats good news to hear he has resigned
he is the future has long as he shows the maturity that he has shown over the past month or 2
if he goes back to his same old sh*t he is deffantly not our future

Quigs

Immortal
0-top5.jpg

I heard as part of his new deal he was given back his mobile phone.

Cheers
Quigs

DJDL

First Grade
If anyone out there has just woken from a coma since last year I'm sure they are having trouble understanding this thread.

Public enemy no.1 less than 6 months ago, and now everyone's stoked he's been re-signed. :shock:

Good news though. The back row is definitely our strength.
Sharkadelic has it right when he says there should always be a couple of support players following Bird, Gallen and Thommo.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
DJDL said:
If anyone out there has just woken from a coma since last year I'm sure they are having trouble understanding this thread.

Public enemy no.1 less than 6 months ago, and now everyone's stoked he's been re-signed. :shock:

Good news though. The back row is definitely our strength.
Sharkadelic has it right when he says there should always be a couple of support players following Bird, Gallen and Thommo.

Um excuse me but is this the only place on earth where people are not allowed to change their minds? That, and/or saying something wrong are almost hanging offences here. Lucky I never do :)

For the record Bird is public enemy number 1 with me. Will take a lot for him to be looking like Citizen of the Year to me.

However, I have been quite open in stating this was Bird's watershed year and that I expected him to step up on the footy field. He is. I still don't like what I have seen of him as far as being an "ambassador" for the club but I can recognise he is finally starting to do the job.

It's a good retention for the footy team.

carinashark

First Grade
I think he should be let go . He dose nothing in offloads ( compare Thommo and Gal) . Cannot break the line/tackle and lacks the footwork to put defenders in two minds. In defence he hits sorta hard and is usefull in the two man tackle but dosent seem to trouble the ball carrier. Look for somthing better .

SirShire

First Grade
carinashark said:
I think he should be let go . He dose nothing in offloads ( compare Thommo and Gal) . Cannot break the line/tackle and lacks the footwork to put defenders in two minds. In defence he hits sorta hard and is usefull in the two man tackle but dosent seem to trouble the ball carrier. Look for somthing better .

116-the-bong-question-mix.jpg

Do you smoke one of these bad boys when you watch the Sharks play, or do you just really hate Bird? He has been one of our best in recent times, playing well.

imasharkie

Coach
too late Carina, he's signed.

and i'm really happy about that.

once a critic of birdie i am pleased that i changed my attitude towards him at the beginning of the year and wrote in the prediction thread that he would be star this year.
I'd imagine that Macca would be pretty happy with Birdies turn around as he was probably the only person that stood in Birdie's corner.

I must say I gave him an extra congratuality last night and am pleased to say that he thanked me for our support.

He is now one of my faves and as I stated earlier in the year that his off field behavour has improved.......why you ask:

He posed for a picture with my wife when we were in the club late last season.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
carinashark said:

One of the biggest Bird criticisms in the past was that he pushed the pass to often :lol:

Ever considered he may be under instructions not to try and offload.

Gallen used to throw them anywhere as well 3 or 4 years ago.

It's a skill that needs to be developed.

carinashark

First Grade
Nice pic Sir Shire!Very nice glassware , the swirly patterns on the base mmmmm anyway, Ive given up all that, ummm stuff. If you can catch the replay of the cows game you might change your mind about Birdy,but he has been playing better than 05 0r 04 . Its just that inside is the old ball hog waiting to come out.Not worth the money and will never be captain.

Surely

Post Whore
carinashark said:
Nice pic Sir Shire!Very nice glassware , the swirly patterns on the base mmmmm anyway, Ive given up all that, ummm stuff. If you can catch the replay of the cows game you might change your mind about Birdy,but he has been playing better than 05 0r 04 . Its just that inside is the old ball hog waiting to come out.Not worth the money and will never be captain.

He has never been a ball hog, last year before his injury he was third in the club for offloads.

This year he has fewer, but they are becoming more selective. It takes quite a while for a ball playing backrower to develop, and he is comming on nicely.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
f**kene hell I hat term coming along nicely.
Lets justmake it mandatory forum speak & replace it with "should come good before retirement"

Surely

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
f**kene hell I hat term coming along nicely.
Lets justmake it mandatory forum speak & replace it with "should come good before retirement"

ok

This year he has fewer, but they are becoming more selective. It takes quite a while for a ball playing backrower to develop, and he should come good before retirement.

redbacks back

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Step 1: Clench fist.

Step 2: Swing arm backwards in underarm motion.

Step 3: Bring fist forward hitting self directly on bottom point of the chin.

Note: Use enough force to shake head and make the words "What did I just say?" come out.

Smart clubs do not pay good money for blokes who have been playing well for 2 weeks.
Smart clubs do not pay good money for blokes who have 'potential' but haven't lived up to it for 3 years. Blokes who conveniently start putting in when their contract negotitiations are about to begin.

Mate I'm not comparing them physically. You've probably only seen Gavin Miller on your footy card retro collection.

Now for those that understand what I'm saying. Miller had some very lean years. He wasn't everyones favourite player from day 1. The older he got the better he played!

DJDL

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
One of the biggest Bird criticisms in the past was that he pushed the pass to often :lol:

Ever considered he may be under instructions not to try and offload.

Actually the biggest criticism of him was that he was a "hog" and "couldn't pass". That was never the case, he just never had anyone looking for offloads from him, or putting themselves in a position to receive a pass.

Good to see he is finally displaying the sort of form that has his former critics changing their opinion of him.
Future captain sounds a little out there, but he did captain the Junior Kangaroos, or U19's. You never know.