What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greg bird!

ragin

Juniors
They are planning to. he has finally got put his head in and is showing the potential that he showed as a youngster.

sharks8601

Juniors
he has always been a good player, just does alot of stupid things, playing him at 5\8 was a mistake as he trys to be the hero on every play, pushing passes etc.
but now he is just running the ball straight and hard and is getting some good ofloads away
both him and bailey were known to give away stupid pen but they both seem to have that out of there game now

the sharks really stuggles in recent years because of the pens they used to give away alowing the other side to get out of trouble of have the ball deap in our half, now all that silly stuff is out of our game we seem to be playing alot better now

also bird deffence seems to have improved as well
he is a player of the future he is only just startin to realise that now, he knows he can be without being a hero

The Nulla

Juniors
Certainly slots in well in the backrow. Does not have to worry about being creative or looking for the pass, he can just hit the gaps at speed and with mongrel and look for an offload. Loving it!

Since 73

First Grade
redbacks back:
Bird has the potential to be the next "Gavin Miller". He's a brilliant player and as he matures, a future captain.

Step 1: Clench fist.

Step 2: Swing arm backwards in underarm motion.

Step 3: Bring fist forward hitting self directly on bottom point of the chin.

Note: Use enough force to shake head and make the words "What did I just say?" come out.

Smart clubs do not pay good money for blokes who have been playing well for 2 weeks.
Smart clubs do not pay good money for blokes who have 'potential' but haven't lived up to it for 3 years. Blokes who conveniently start putting in when their contract negotitiations are about to begin.

squiddy

Juniors
Never gave a penalty away last night , is that a first ?

I'm starting to like the guy - glad he's resigned

gotta make sure we get Thommo now

coolumsharkie

Referee
Bird has stepped up to the mark. I believe Thommo has led the way in his attitiude and should be our no1 signing (yeah i know heaps of posts on thommo).

Your right though 73, just happens to be close to the end of the financial, and he has had lots of interest at other clubs, so which way would you go?

sharkadelic

Juniors
Never rated Bird, but I must say I am impressed with form this year. He seems impossible to tackle just stands waiting for the cavalry in support.

There should be a minimum of two players following Bird, Gallen and Thommo every time they charge forward. They are a big reason for our yardage and continued success. Back em up!!!

Sharkie™

Juniors
ragin said:
Won't be long. Don't expect to many signings from free agents but expect us to try an retain our crop.

im a big fan of the information you are providing, giving me a good feeling for next year and beyond lol