What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg 'Brandy' Alexander. How good was he?

panthersballboy

Juniors
Brandy owned the competition in 91, he absolutely dominated. Probably the fastest halfback I have ever seen and had all the organising skills as well. If 40/20's were around back then he and Stuart would have got at least 1 a game. His biggest downfall was his consistency but I feel he was shedding his inconsistent tag then his brothers tragic death hit him and the panthers hard. Easily my favourite player of all time and I am lucky that I started going to games around the time he came into the comp so I got to see him in his brilliant prime.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The person who mentioned Brett 'Gimmemorley'. Was a dynamic player for Melbourne but apart from some last season games in 2002 for Cronulla, his form at club level post Melbourne has been ordinary to say the least. I used to like Kimmorley when he was at Melbourne but I gee he's given a new meaning to the word 'overachieved'.

If Brandy had of had the likes of Sterling, Mortimer, Alfie's and Stuarts regularly getting injured he would have played a lot more tests and origins. Kimmorley's just lucky Johns has been injured so much. Not to mention that Chris Anderson coached Australia for a few years!! Gimmemorley has looked good against poor NZ and GB teams but barely ever performed for NSW. Game 1 'cough', 2005 'cough'.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Kurt Angle said:
Mate, Kimmorley has accomplished more and will go down as a better player.

1. Andrew Johns
2. Allan Langer
3. Stacey Jones
4. Ricky Stuart
5. Brett Kimmorley

He ain't going to get in above any of them.

Wouldn't compare Brandy to Kimmorley or Johns because Brandy's best form came in the late 80's-early 90's.

The late 80's - early 90's was such a stronger period for quality halves than now.

Sterlo, Turvey, Stuart, Hasler, Langer, Alexander, Freeman, Coleman to name a few.

Latest posts