What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Eastwood

gUt

Coach
I heard this rumour a little while ago and that he's keen to rejoin the Dogs. With Hannant coming back and possibly Glenn looking for a back row berth next season I don't know if we could really use Eastwood. Still he's not the worst Broncos forward ever.

renouf

Juniors
I dunno why people bother creating threads about signing players we are never likely to sign/resign.

jarro

Juniors
We don't need him.

And besides, talk is the Dogs are being put off getting back because of the big transfer fee involved.

screeder

Juniors
Didn't he leave because Benton's training was too hard?

Don't want him. Don't need him, we got Gillett. In a couple years watch Gillett hit like Eastwood anyway.

broncos70

Juniors
saints cant sign anyone after they signed gasnier..had to get rid of costigan and smith to sign gasnier

Broncos fan!

Juniors
If it wasn't for our awesome back row at the moment then I would be jumping at Beastwood. I am a massive fan of his and would love to see him back, hopefully at a QLD club though. But Te'o, Thaiday, Parker, Gillett, Glenn is an amazing back row so I don't think we need him.

I would love for him to sign with the Cowboys.

Nevcost

Juniors
I rekon Eastwood was good player for us, sure he had a bit of a gut (me and my dad used to call him keg) but that's what made him a cult hero at the Broncos. I'll never forget that game when he put up a cross field bomb for us to score from. Having said that we have a lot of good back rowers, I would like to see him at the cows.

Big Pete

Referee
Very talented, but we have backrows bursting at the seams also it appears as if Beasty is a Doggies boy these days.

Will be good to see him back in the NRL though.

beads6

First Grade
I was always a big fan of Beastwood, would love to have him back but I think we don;t need anymore forwards...

jdbronco

Juniors
Yeah i thought he was good for us too. I rate him. I think the doggies missed him a bit this year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I don't think any NRL club can afford him because of the transfer fee involved. It's quite ridiculous that the ESL has this transfer fee crap... all because they are trying to be like the 'bigger' footy code over there *cough* EPL *cough*. When they sign players who still have 1-2 years to go on their contracts here in the NRL, we release the players and don't make the ESL pay us a transfer fee - take Luke Patten for example. He's going to Salford City Reds next year, 1 year still to go on his contract, and we release him. No transfer fee, no problems. It can really have an affect on the players morale, that being no NRL club is willing to pay a transfer fee to get him back here (ie they don't want him). IMO a player swap is much more fairer grounds (if another players wants to go there).

Anyway, all that aside, I don't think you guys are really in a position to sign him are you? I mean he'll be commanding at least $250,000 one would think. And you guys already have Hannant, front runners to sign Inglis... I think this guy is a bit off your cap space isn't he? Regardless, I think he'll stay in the ESL.

screeder

Juniors
Correct we aren't in a position to sign him and as already stated in this thread the need isn't there.