What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Florimo- Bears Legend!

Brutus

Referee
sharko said:
Macca,
You are way off mate. Gallops title was not "in house lawyer"his official title was Director of Operations/Policy. This position allowed him to dictate policy and was vital in News Ltd strategy of destabilising rugby league..he developed and was privy to every action that was made against ARL clubs.
Unlike you I am not fooled by his image makeover as the common man who loves rugby league..he is a News Ltd man to the core and his first priority is to News Ltd and the monies they can strip from league..merely look to tv an radio deals done by him, salary cap debacle and player drain and English Super League.
News Ltd lackeys must be forced out of the administration of league and then clubs can start to prosper financially.

It has definitely been an image makeover, but it has fooled a lot of people. The guy was never a league fan.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Macca616 said:
Sharko - I agree with you re the good deeds of Greg Florimo.

You need to very careful in forums not to say things like 'David Gallop hates the Bears with a passion' as it is defamatory. So is the comment that the architect of superleague was Gallop. Surely noone is naive enough to believe that this was not orchestrated by those higher than the inhouse lawyer which he was at the time.

That, however, presumes that being linked to Super League is a negative thing.

mightybears said:
they will mate just keep watching!

and sooky ben ikin was headed back north of the tweed for 2000

LOL I read something back in those days about how Ikin was wearing Broncos shorts to training and telling his team mates "these are Norths new colours for next year" (before they decided to merge)

Didn't Ikin want out of the Bears at the end of 98 (to go to the Broncos) but was declined a release??

Macca616

Juniors
Gents I am not going to get into a slanging match with you. Gallop had to review the contractual documents and that was it. Other senior media executives in the media were the brains (?) behind superleague. All this is on public record in the C7 case heard in the Federal Court last year and which continues.

Again, all comments made in this forum are monitored very closely so you have been warned.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Macca616 said:
Gents I am not going to get into a slanging match with you. Gallop had to review the contractual documents and that was it. Other senior media executives in the media were the brains (?) behind superleague. All this is on public record in the C7 case heard in the Federal Court last year and which continues.

Again, all comments made in this forum are monitored very closely so you have been warned.

Macca
That's good, mate. But at least things have improved.

In days gone by, the Nazis would just storm in, put the jackboot in and throw dissenters into concentration camps.
Now, at least, you are good enough to give everyone a stern warning that Big Brother News Limited is looking out for recalcitrants.

What an asset to the community rugby league has become.

Latest posts