What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis: The next SBW or Benji?

Juniors
Being a melbourne fan myself i have watched this young kid come through from the devils and slowly be eased into the NRL and i thought he's debut was nothing short of spectacular, his goalkicking was his only fault but that should belong to cam smith anyway, but he did everything any melbourne fan who knew about him expected, he has been gettin unbelievable wraps from some of the biggest names in league and he really showed he isnt another promising player thats just going to dissapear into the mist, i really think greg inglis has the potential to be the next SBW or Benji of the competition, i believe he will play numerous rep games and one day pull on the green and gold, but im an optimistic storm supporter, i want to hear what others optimism aside think of this whizkid? :)

Mr Saab

Referee
He will be the next neither. He is not a playmaker and he is not a 2nd rower.
He is a skilled 3/4 and will be a superstar in that aspect of the game.
Dont compare to either of the other guys

Balmain_Boy

Firstly sunday wasn't his debut. Secondly claiming him as the next SBW or Benji is unfair to all 3 players. None of them are alike. If you mean taking the competition by storm as these 2 did, only time will tell.

From what I've seen it looks like he has it all. He has star quality written all over him the same way SBW did in 2004.

Juniors
i did'nt mean compare him to these two, i was implying like what balmain boy said... do u think he will take the competion by storm like SBW and benji did and become the next superstar?

MONY

Juniors
1999 is comparing them in the sense that they are all really young blokes who have enourmous talent.... I see him playing for the real Australian team in the near future

Mr Saab

Referee
he has the potential to be the best 3/4 of the last 10 yrs, but every player has potential.
Personally i am a big fan of his and i hope he just remains consistent

Mr Saab

Referee
he has the potential to be the best 3/4 of the last 10 yrs, but every player has potential.
Personally i am a big fan of his and i hope he just remains consistent

Pierced Soul

First Grade
does that mean he'll be injury prone like the other two? :p

hahaha i hope not. he looks a talent, I think i heard he's actually a fullback.
if he stays relatively injury free and keeps developing he'll be a very good player

Raider_69

Post Whore
1999 is a muppet, Inglis is a fine player, but you havnt watched him come through the Devils, you've read the score sheets and thats about it! :p

anyways comparisons to benji and SBW is silly, all 3 are completely different players in style and postion. He is a fine talent, one who will go on to big things

LESStar58

Referee
Mr Saab said:
He will be the next neither. He is not a playmaker and he is not a 2nd rower.
He is a skilled 3/4 and will be a superstar in that aspect of the game.
Dont compare to either of the other guys

My thoughts exactly!

sheet_ed

Juniors
As an older fart you would see a Bob Fulton, Andrew Johns or a Changa Langlands once a decade.

The game is now pumping out SBW, The Besenji and Inglis in rapid fire, couple that with Thurston, Slater, Minicello, etc all making the game the most exciting it has been in 30 years. Each is lifting the game to new levels making it the greatest game of all. No game has moved as much as League has in the past 10 years and it shows.

Who wants to compare them, I just love watching the all play.

Great stuff. :D:D:D:D

Big Pete

Referee
He's got potential and IMO could have enough to challenge Slater for his fullback position in seasons to come.

However that's just speculation, let the kid play some first grade football.

Likely Lad

Juniors
Big Pete said:
He's got potential and IMO could have enough to challenge Slater for his fullback position in seasons to come.

However that's just speculation, let the kid play some first grade football.

I reckon he will play Origin this year, could play anywhere on 3/4 line.

Palms

Juniors
A good player with size, speed and natural instincts...as always time will tell if he becomes great but certainly has the potential

One great fast player that weaves through the defence though to rate him like SBW and Marshell, I beleive thats impossible to do as SBW plays in the forwards and Marshell is a playmaker.
Inglis is like Billy Slater which will be a great elusive player to watch

Latest posts