What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis thinks pink in support of women, auctions off footy boots

SDM

First Grade
STORM superstar Greg Inglis has taken it upon himself to raise awareness of the huge role women play in rugby league.
The Queenslander will be auctioning off a pair of pink boots with The Daily Telegraph to promote the "under-appreciated" role of the Women in League foundation.

Round 16 of the NRL is the Women in League round and all proceeds from the auction will be going to an Aboriginal shelter in Redfern.

"This is something that's really close to my heart," Inglis said yesterday.

"People underestimate how important [women] are, so raising awareness and money as part of the round is something I'm very proud to do."

Register here for the auction by Wednesday at midnight to be in thr running to get Inglis's boots.
Then, follow the live auction on Thursday at noon AEST. (11.30am SA, 10am WA)

More than 20 players will be wearing pink boots in round 16 to show their support for the Women in League foundation.

"I don't think enough is being done to support women and to keep women in our game," Inglis said.

"Every player wants to support this cause. It's just one way we're showing it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...support-of-women/story-e6frexnr-1225882027908

:lol::lol: Maybe I will buy them, then use them to smash my wifes face in.

Eels Dude

Coach
I guess it's fair to have a go at him considering his past, but overall he's doing something really productive here so I say good on him.

nqcowboy87

Bench
no offense to inglis cause as far as i know he did this off his own back, but i wonder how many of these so called charitable actions by players are club driven and not though of by the player

Loudstrat

Coach
People underestimate how important [women] are,
What kind of twat would say something like that ffs?

I love when major sports have promotions such as these - but cringe when a token gesture is blown up as somethoing grand when far greater effors go unnoticed. Example - did Tingha eventually get it's pool? How about what the likes of Peachey and Widders have done in the Aboriginal community. Or how about Inglis rock over to Rwanda and build houses in the off season. Yes, it's nice to auction off boots, but spreading tinea hardly cuts the mustard, especially after rorting the cap!

Give 'em ya f*cking boat!!!!!!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Didnt Inglis put the fend on his girlfriend one time?

OHtheIRONY

100072-inglis-charged-with-bashing-lover.jpg

TheDalek079

Bench
so more than 20 players are wearing pink boots this weekend, but GI's taking it upon himself to raise awareness?? what about the 20 others? typical telecrap

Joey going to Lapa was a publicity stunt because he said something racist.

But Inglis should be applauded for selling his boots after beating his misus?

a. Looks like sticks and stones are no longer worse than name calling.

Or to put it another way it's an indication that a huge man hurting a much weaker woman is more forgivable than saying something about someone in a pub that they were never meant to hear.

Perth Red

Post Whore
makes me laugh when people bag players who get in the papers for the right reasons. We bag them for doing wrong, we bag the media for not giving our players enough positive media, we bag the game for the players not having a high enough profile with joe public, now we bag them all for daring to come up with a good news story!

Evenflow

Bench
makes me laugh when people bag players who get in the papers for the right reasons. We bag them for doing wrong, we bag the media for not giving our players enough positive media, we bag the game for the players not having a high enough profile with joe public, now we bag them all for daring to come up with a good news story!

I'm glad i wasn't the only one to notice the hypocritical f**kwittery that's once again been displayed by the usual suspects around here. They constantly bitch moan and whinge that the nasty Telecrap only ever gives our game negative press, yet when they do write something positive they still bitch moan and whinge every bit as much. Pathetic merkins.

innsaneink

Referee
I like him so much more now, I really believe his comments are genuine and not scripted by some PR person *swooon*

X2

ashee9

Juniors
Step in the right direction for inglis. But god, the photo in the daily telegraph article makes me laugh so much...HE'S HUUUUUUGE!!!! God he's put on a lot of weight!

Loudstrat

Coach

So you applaud Joey for coaching an Aboriginal side too?