What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats Doing

Bench
I noticed on the QLD web page that Greg Inglis is in the QLD SOS training camp.

I know that this issue has been raised before but nor sure whether it ever got resolved.

As I understand it, the player is eligible for the state that they played their first under 16 game. If this is correct, Inglis is tied to NSW and not QLD.

Bomber

Bench
Inglis played for the Queensland U19s last season, which was chosen on a State of Origin basis. Therefore, he's ours.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Queensland will need all the help they can get lol....if he doesn't play this year he'll be a certain starter next year.

i dont think anyone should be tied to any state. i know id def hate it if i was obliged to play for NSW, i wouldnt play and id hate it if greg inglis was playing for qld against his will, it would go against the whole concept of the game.

Bomber

Bench
The whole concept of the game is State of Origin, penny.

What if one day Lockyer said "Oh pooh, I want to play for NSW instead"?

Timbo

Staff member
There have been special dispensations given at rep level.

I can't think if there have been any at SOO level but wasn't Kimmorley meant to be tied to City but got permission to play for Country instead?

It shows at least the NSWRL are flexible.

Bomber

Bench
But Timbo, it's less to do with NSWRL's flexibility and more to do with the fact that there is no real definite boundary between city and country.

Special K

Coach
Timbo said:
There have been special dispensations given at rep level.

I can't think if there have been any at SOO level but wasn't Kimmorley meant to be tied to City but got permission to play for Country instead?

It shows at least the NSWRL are flexible.
No that was Orford not Kimmorley and it was the other way around. Country to city, the same as Mark O'Meley...

Inglis played most of his footballing career in Queensland and has represented that state throughout his career. There was a bit (and I do mean a small bit) of a tug of war between NSW and Q'ld but in the end Queensland got the sopils.

nqboy

First Grade
Thunderstruck said:
Inglis played most of his footballing career in Queensland and has represented that state throughout his career. There was a bit (and I do mean a small bit) of a tug of war between NSW and Q'ld but in the end Queensland got the sopils.
And when asked, he picked Qld.

MONY

Juniors
and rightly so, he signed at deal with norths at the age of 14 i think.

nqboy

First Grade
We're glad to have him. God knows we struggle for both class and depth in several positions.

freeridermx

Juniors
so he spent 14 years in nsw and what 5 in qld .sorry maybe i`m bad with number but that seem to look like he has spent most of his time in nsw and was born in nsw therefore his origin would be nsw. cant really understand how his origin would be qld .

pennywisealfie said:
i dont think anyone should be tied to any state. i know id def hate it if i was obliged to play for NSW, i wouldnt play and id hate it if greg inglis was playing for qld against his will, it would go against the whole concept of the game.

If we followed that logic that might as well just call it actually I dont know what because it would no longer be state of origin dude!

Azkatro

First Grade
freeridermx said:
so he spent 14 years in nsw and what 5 in qld .sorry maybe i`m bad with number but that seem to look like he has spent most of his time in nsw and was born in nsw therefore his origin would be nsw. cant really understand how his origin would be qld .
Then Sterlo would have played for QLD ...

MONY

Juniors
as far as i know, Inglis played his first "proper" rugby league game in Queensland, therefore he is a Queenslander......I could be wrong however.

i would hate it if there was no way i could play for queensland. if the only team i could play for was new south wales then i wouldnt play. I hate New South Wales Rugby league and im sure many other queenslanders have the same passion and vice versa. If Lockyers heart was with New South Wales, then i wouldnt want him in the qld side, that would just throw the passion of origin out the window. I cant believe anyone would even argue against me on this one, obviously u couldnt care less about your state.

Whats Doing

Bench
So does anyone know what the current rules are to qualification??? Then we would be in a position to discuss whether Inglis is correctly tied to QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.