What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garts

Bench
The rule is you are eligable for the state where u play your first game as a 16 yr old. Although I think the player might be able to have some say in it, I am pretty sure Rogers got a choice which side to pledge his allegiance.

ollie515

Juniors
This has all happened before - I dont think there are any rules..
Didnt Tallis play U19's for NSW??

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
Queensland will need all the help they can get lol....if he doesn't play this year he'll be a certain starter next year.

you think? NSW game one 2005 with kimmorley were pathetic.Johns wont be there forever (maybe not even this yr) and NSW will have to slot in another number seven who wont be 1/4 the player johns is. Thus it will level the teams up somewhat. QLD have some good 7s to choose from in coming yrs in Prince, Thurston and Tim Smith. What prospects do NSW have at halfback? hmmmmmm brett finch come on down!

Bomber

Bench
ollie515 said:
This has all happened before - I dont think there are any rules..
Didnt Tallis play U19's for NSW??

I believe that until last season, junior rep footy was based on a residental system. Where you lived is who you played for.

ollie515

Juniors
Bomber said:
I believe that until last season, junior rep footy was based on a residental system. Where you lived is who you played for.

Sorry - misread your comment - disregard

freeridermx

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Then Sterlo would have played for QLD ...
well that may be the case not to sure bout sterlo`s story but so cant say.
i know he was born in qld but not sure how long he was there . but inglis lived in nsw for the first 14 of 19 years and was born here as well not sure how that makes his origin qld !
by the way i do know what the rule is just saying it seem a bit werid that you can spent most of your life in place then move just before 16 and you are now able to play for the other team.
i think the age should change or be case by case bases as you can hardly say he develop all his footy skills at norths. can you ?

Paullyboy

Coach
nqboy said:
We're glad to have him. God knows we struggle for both class and depth in several positions.

Yeah we have no depth at pretty much every position except fullback. Oh good Inglis is a fullback!

Slater
Bowen
Wesser
Schifcofske
Hunt (not worthy of origin, but for a 5th string thats not bad)

and now we add Mr Inglis.

Im stoked he is a Queenslander, but geez couldnt he have been a forward?

Raider_69

Post Whore
if i were QLD id be playing he (Inglis) and willie tonga in the centres, with slater and bowen on the wings... schif of course being fullback ;-)

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Yeah we have no depth at pretty much every position except fullback. Oh good Inglis is a fullback!

Slater
Bowen
Wesser
Schifcofske
Hunt (not worthy of origin, but for a 5th string thats not bad)

and now we add Mr Inglis.

Im stoked he is a Queenslander, but geez couldnt he have been a forward?

he is a better centre than full back

MONY

Juniors
The_Savage_1 said:
he is a better centre than full back

based on what information...... Inglis has pretty much played all his junior football at fullback..... and made a huge name for himself in the QLD cup in the no.1 jersey.....the only reason he is being turned into a centre is because slater is there and Bell moved on..... Inglis can play anywhere in the backline but probably not number 7.....better fullback than centre at the moment...lets see what he does in the centres this year before saying hes a better centre than fullback.

Paullyboy

Coach
Would you like to show us where you gathered those facts? I dont know for sure, but Im pretty sure he has only played centre in the NRL once, against the Bulldogs last year possibly?

While he was playing for Norths in the QLD cup he was a superstar at fullback and I dont think his game would adapt well to the centres very well at all. Same could be said about the wing.

Do you think Peachey could have played centres or wing well? Of course not, and they are from a very similar mould - although Inglis will be much better in the long run.

MONY

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
based on the information that he has absolutely ripped up in centre when playing first grade.

only played maybe one or two games at centre in first grade.....could be a few more....the only game that comes to mind was his 2 try effort v bulldogs....

So far in his career he is a MUCH better Fullback than Centre.....however I have a feeling he will excel in the centres this year and years to come...

The_Savage_1

Juniors
MONY said:
based on what information...... Inglis has pretty much played all his junior football at fullback..... and made a huge name for himself in the QLD cup in the no.1 jersey.....the only reason he is being turned into a centre is because slater is there and Bell moved on..... Inglis can play anywhere in the backline but probably not number 7.....better fullback than centre at the moment...lets see what he does in the centres this year before saying hes a better centre than fullback.

based on watching the QLD cup all last year... trust me!

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Just to get back on the eligibility subject, I believe it is where you play your first senior football, ie over the age of 16. An example of a QLDer playing for NSW is Ken Negas. He grew up in QLD, played all his football there, but filled in once in NSW in a senior grade when he was 16. Therefore under the rules, he was eligible for NSW. I think it should come down to the player, but be sorted out when he signs his first ever contract, and that decision should be registered with the ARL/NRL. This would also avoid such situations as Craig Pollermounter (sp) who came to NSW from QLD after playing his first senior game at 16 in QLD but wanted to play for either City or Country can't remember which. Then years later when QLD were looking for a hooker (2001) he all of a sudden wanted to be a QLDer again.

Whats Doing

Bench
Rules are rules and not what the player wants because he thinks he may play Origin earlier for QLD. From what I know, he played his first game as a 16 year old in NSW which makes him eligible for NSW only.

Status
Not open for further replies.