What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

screeder

Juniors
I'd dead set sh*t if we forked out 730k of cap space (600k contract plus 130k legal fees) for a player that continually goes missing. Happy for someone to correct my figures if they are wrong.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
f**k him, he doesn't seem to care at all that be broke his word and is only out to "look after himself". Didn't he get free boats and sh!t? And is to greedy to pay the legal fees of his OWN trial! If I get overpaid then I don't get to keep the money. Him paying for his own trial could have been a moral way of him paying back the extra money he received.

Also wasn't he released on compassionate grounds so he could be with his gf? Is his gf now living in Sydney? Hope it doesn't rain on his flight out to Sydney otherwise the "planes aren't flying" :lol:.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Greggie! Broncos are better off without him (well not in terms of premiership hopes but you know what I mean :p).

rlforever

Juniors
Gotta laugh at you Broncos supporters - you just missed getting the best player in the world and you say that you can still win a premiership.

hahahahahahaha!!!!! - you are all jokes!!!!!!!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Gotta laugh at you Broncos supporters - you just missed getting the best player in the world and you say that you can still win a premiership.

Not really bro.

My quote above: " Broncos are better off without him (well not in terms of premiership hopes but you know what I mean :p)."

In another thread Big Pete predicts the Broncos will now finish 6th after the regular season while Steve oneski predicts 5th, both well respected posters on this forum.

It's naive to think that our chances have stayed the same with Inglis gone. But its also naive to think that the Broncos can't win it. Heck we won the 2006 premiership with Shane Perry at halfback!

chefman21

Juniors
Good work that you didn't get him. He plays 6 great games a year, 2 of those are in Origin and the rest of the time he is lazy and disinterested. You've got some serious talent coming through in your ranks so I don't think you need a player who is going to cost 5-600k a year for 6 good games. See how your young guys go and then think about signings next season.

Andrew O'Keefe

Juniors
Any chance the Broncos could seek compensation? Not sure who from though, maybe souths
I don’t remember the exact details but this whole situation seems similar to Storm/Titans Steve Turner thing from a few years back
Where player verbally agreed to terms and then tried to get out of it
Think from memory the Titans got a few young players
Just a thought
i also think you are probably better off without him

johns_reds

First Grade
Did he ever go to our phyiso's? hope he pays that bill!!!

I'm starting to get over the whole Inglis saga, hope he signs a contract soon for souths so it puts it all to bed, We missed out on a good player but i think if we can find the form that we had at the end of the season (the few games before lockyer got injured!) then we got a great chance this year.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I'm no Bronco's fan but this bloke is clearly a drop kick and someone you'd be much better off without.

Anyone that lets Mundine get in their ear to guide them is clutching at straws. Add to that the crap that went on in Melbourne and this guy is just not worth it.

Plently of players with ability are sh*t house for a team with their crap attitude and disruptive nature in a team. Inglis is one of these.

Only turns up once every 3 ro 4 weeks anyway....

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

We won our last premiership with him on the opposing side.

You fail troll.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Any chance the Broncos could seek compensation? Not sure who from though, maybe souths
I don’t remember the exact details but this whole situation seems similar to Storm/Titans Steve Turner thing from a few years back
Where player verbally agreed to terms and then tried to get out of it
Think from memory the Titans got a few young players
Just a thought
Brisbane withdrew their offer. That would negate any claim they have to enforce the Inglis contract.
Andrew O'Keefe said:
i also think you are probably better off without him
Agreed.

I don't think any Brisbane supporter hasn't licked their lips at the concept of Inglis on one side and Hodges on the other. It's a pretty phenomonal centre pairing. But it's not the end of the world. It's nowhere near it. Inglis is one player. We've one 6 premierships without him, we'll win plenty more without him.

Talanexor

Juniors
So what does the Broncos backline look like for round 1 next year, without Inglis? Do you stick Glenn in there, or Beale, or even Gillett?

Big Pete

Referee
Hard to say Tal, it'll come down to preseason.

From what I've gathered though...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dane Gagai
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh/Denan Kemp

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Hard to say Tal, it'll come down to preseason.

From what I've gathered though...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Dane Gagai
3. Dale Copley
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh/Denan Kemp

What makes you think Gagai will have that wing spot nailed down ahead of Yow Yeh/Kemp come round 1?

johnnyg

Juniors
Good work that you didn't get him. He plays 6 great games a year, 2 of those are in Origin and the rest of the time he is lazy and disinterested. You've got some serious talent coming through in your ranks so I don't think you need a player who is going to cost 5-600k a year for 6 good games. See how your young guys go and then think about signings next season.

Amen.

Just my opinion, but I reckon the bronc's have handled the Inglis situation perfectly (enjoy the compliment, it could be the first time I've ever said anything positive about brisbane!)

Super-stars come and go and no-one is bigger than the game. Inglis will learn this in the fullness of time.

Nevcost

Juniors
Just let him go become another Chris Walker at Souths lol. I doubt he'll get back to his best; besides Nathan Merritt the Souths backline is full of hasbeens and never will bes.

Latest posts