What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Waddell

mxlegend99

Referee
If he can play out the rest of this season fine and put in a full off-season with the big boys, I would love to see him coming into calculations for a spot at some point next season. I'm not remotely confident that will happen, but it would be huge for both him and us if he was ready for a hit out in the trials next season.

He'd still have a long way to go before earning a spot with Coote, Gordon, Jennings, Vai Vai, Tighe, Earl and Simmons (if we re-sign him) all being ahead of him at the moment. But I would imagine around Origin time he's a decent chance at first grade if fit.

Fibroman

First Grade
Waddell has more talent in his little finger than Simmons, Purts and Vai Vai all put together.

Bob

Juniors
Waddell has more talent in his little finger than Simmons, Purts and Vai Vai all put together.
Don't often agree with what you say but on this occasion your'e right, I was fortunate enough to see him in SG Ball a few times and he was a great young talent

Fibroman

First Grade
Don't often agree with what you say but on this occasion your'e right, I was fortunate enough to see him in SG Ball a few times and he was a great young talent

How could you not agree with most things I say?:sarcasm: I have fantastic insight into the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well he has got heart. He's still with us. I saw an email for an instore at Westfield's tomorrow night. He is 1 of the players listed to make an appearance.

Spitty

Juniors
His luck turning around is well overdue. The poor guy has been struck down time after time with injury and just can't get any consistent time on the field.

Credit to him that he keeps getting back up every time he's knocked down.

Hopefully he can string together a full season and the club can get a good accurate gauge on his form.

age.s

First Grade
Yeah he's a talent, and it would be great to see him get some consistent game time, but does anyone really expect that to happen? Would love to be proven wrong but even if (and it's a big if) the constant injuries haven't degraded his raw ability I can't see the guy ever putting a lengthy string of first grade games together. There's only so much punishment a young body can take, and NRL is a whole new jump in physicality to the lower grades that his body isn't standing up to.

Just seems to me we spend alot of time talking about a talented youngster who's next to no hope of ever pulling on the black.

Bob

Juniors
Yeah he's a talent, and it would be great to see him get some consistent game time, but does anyone really expect that to happen? Would love to be proven wrong but even if (and it's a big if) the constant injuries haven't degraded his raw ability I can't see the guy ever putting a lengthy string of first grade games together. There's only so much punishment a young body can take, and NRL is a whole new jump in physicality to the lower grades that his body isn't standing up to.

Just seems to me we spend alot of time talking about a talented youngster who's next to no hope of ever pulling on the black.
Just a question about the injuries he sustained (knee reco from memory), how many knee reco's did Peter Wallace have and how much time did he miss, 2 from memory I think and he played very little football for a couple of years as well? I hope he has turned the corner injury wise because he was a very talented kid

soc123_au

Staff member
Ryan Girdler had a ban run of injuries as a youngster at Illawarra. Don't remember if it was as bad as Waddell though. As we know Girds ended up going ok.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah but with Waddell its been 3 Knee Reco's in a row plus something with his shoulder as well.

Its easier for a halfback because its decision making and not really speed.

With a centre its all about quick twitch movement and being able to plant and explode and a lot of pressure is put on those knee's.

He would have lost a considerable amount of burst at the point of impact when stepping as well.

I hope the kid makes it, I really do...but I think if he gets another injury its best to just give it away and focus on life after footy. Otherwise he'll live to regret it later in life.

maple_69

Bench
I'm still astonished Benji is playing football and at the highest level at that.
His body just didn't seem up for it 4 years ago, now he barely misses a game, and he certainly gets targeted.

There is hope he'll come through it but who knows what kind of player he'll be by then.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sadly Greg Waddell will not make the grade. Shame but injury has ruined what could have been a stellar career.

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
He is still with the club for those wanting to know.

He was at the Parklea Markets player appearance and was sporting a bandage around his knee.

Here is a photo of Greg with some fans taken from the Penrith Press website.

078520515350613a5c6de8b4e36cb7b9.jpg

Latest posts