What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Waddell

Big Mick

Referee
Gone again.

Speaking to Gus on twitter he said the following:
Phil Gould @gusgould91
got one talented kid at penrith who has had 5 major surgeries and still only 21 .. Can't get a break .. Terrible

To which I replied:
Michael @Mickyt1985
@gusgould91 That one talented kid. That Greg Waddell I assume. That kid has not had ANY luck at all so far.

And Gus acknowledged:
Phil Gould @gusgould91
@Mickyt1985 yep .. Gone again .. Can't believe it

Such a shame. This kid just deserves one year with no injuries.

murraymob

Coach
Sad to hear.This will be the end for him now.Its time for him to try something different before he gets permanent damage to the knee

age.s

First Grade
Sad to hear.This will be the end for him now.Its time for him to try something different before he gets permanent damage to the knee

I'd be amazed if that wasn't already the case. You can't just take that many injuries without damage occurring that will likely never go away.

Really shitty story. Hopefully he goes on with something else in his life.

The Realist

Juniors
Wow, super rotten luck. I remember out of the 4 big talents coming through 4 years ago being Graham, Coote, Iosefa and Waddell, Greg was touted as the best of them.

Now we only have one and IMO the lesser of the 4. I hope to god we stick with him, but we must build him up physically before sending him onto the paddock again.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
As an outsider i was wondering what had happened to Waddell..

Then i found this thread..Cheers..

Hope he can overcome the odds & make a career out of the game..

Fibroman

First Grade
He is a massive talent and a really good young bloke. I would have loved to have seen him and Jennings as a centre pairing playing outside a quality play maker like Thurston.

murraymob

Coach
matt geyer at melbourne proved if you keep giving your all its never to late to make first grade.He is on the road back windor nsw cup the next goal

Kilkenny

Coach
matt geyer at melbourne proved if you keep giving your all its never to late to make first grade.He is on the road back windor nsw cup the next goal

I don't think Matt Geyer had four years of season ending injuries to cope with before he made the grade. Sadly young Waddell won't make it to the NRL but it was not his fault with his injuries and illness. Very sad for the young bloke and the fact he is even still playing footy shows amazing courage and determination.

Its a real long shot but you can't say he won't. He obviously wants it to come back so many times. You have to respect him not giving up

maple_69

Bench
I checked the result and they had a win. He didn't score though so I have no idea how he went. I doubt we'll get much info outside of whether he came through unscathed or not . Hopefully we see him in NSW. Cup soon.
I also notoced Horton and Watene-zelesniac are playing in bundy red. Was wondering what happened to them.

Friza

Juniors
if he was not playing bundy cup what club would he be playing for and what grade a grade

He is injured. He is a St Mary's junior, so i would suggest if he isn't playing Bundy Cup he would be playing A Grade for St Marys.

Latest posts