What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe in!!!!!!...he's made it!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
fair enough. As long as i know where you stand on the matter.
Thats right, jumpers dont come out of a showbag, hence why players should really have to earn a test jumper, not just be handed out for one season of good form....have to be consistent.

this is why I'm dirty on the likes of Mason getting a run on last years form, his current form has been shown up for what it is, crap.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
fair enough. As long as i know where you stand on the matter.
Thats right, jumpers dont come out of a showbag, hence why players should really have to earn a test jumper, not just be handed out for one season of good form....have to be consistent.

everyone is entitled to there opinion but your very bias saab

loyalty needs to be rewarded a little bit but form needs to be recognised more eg: form winger grothe
loyalty: mini

Mr Saab

Referee
sooperdooper said:
everyone is entitled to there opinion but your very bias saab

loyalty needs to be rewarded a little bit but form needs to be recognised more eg: form winger grothe
loyalty: mini

how am i bias if i am sticking up for the likes of mason, minichiello, Omeley.
They are Broncos?
To say Minichiello was picked because of loyalty alone is laughable. Mini was great in 2005. Just a shame that he has a poor halfback whom cant organise a chook raffle and didnt make the semis. Just becuase a team doesnt make the semis doesnt mean that should be held against him. Mini shined in the origin series too.
OMeley was also questioned on this forums...how well did he play on fri night? Best front rower on the ground.
Mason has not been given his opportunity yet, but when he does i am confident he will show, like OMeley, why he should have been picked.
I have always been 60% loyalty...40% form

sooperdooper

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
how am i bias if i am sticking up for the likes of mason, minichiello, Omeley.
They are Broncos?
To say Minichiello was picked because of loyalty alone is laughable. Mini was great in 2005. Just a shame that he has a poor halfback whom cant organise a chook raffle and didnt make the semis. Just becuase a team doesnt make the semis doesnt mean that should be held against him. Mini shined in the origin series too.
OMeley was also questioned on this forums...how well did he play on fri night? Best front rower on the ground.
Mason has not been given his opportunity yet, but when he does i am confident he will show, like OMeley, why he should have been picked.
I have always been 60% loyalty...40% form

you were throwing your hat in for tate, he shouldnt be on the wing at all.
mini had a good season, hodgson had a better season. i agree with showing loyalty to mini as he did nothing wrong to lose his spot at all, ppl like mason did nothing to keep there spot.
im not here to argue!
60% form 40% loyalty

Mr Saab

Referee
sooperdooper said:
you were throwing your hat in for tate, he shouldnt be on the wing at all.

re read post 7. how is that seen as me advocating for tate to be on the wing?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Tuesday, October 25, 2005

MEDIA RELEASE

Parramatta’s Eric Grothe has been added to the Kangaroos team for the Gillette Tri-Nations tour of Great Britain and France.

A telephone hook-up of Test Selectors this morning confirmed Grothe would come into the squad following confirmation yesterday that Andrew Johns has withdrawn because of a knee injury.

The team next assembles at Sydney Airport on Thursday.

The full squad for the tour is:

Trent Barrett
St George Illawarra

Danny Buderus Newcastle Knights
Petero Civoniceva
Brisbane Broncos

Matt Cooper
St George Illawarra

Ben Creagh
St George Illawarra

Craig Fitzgibbon
Sydney Roosters

Mark Gasnier St George Illawarra

Craig Gower
Penrith Panthers

Eric Grothe
Parramatta Eels

Nathan Hindmarsh
Parramatta Eels

Ben Kennedy
Manly Sea Eagles

Matt King
Melbourne Storm

Darren Lockyer (c)
Brisbane Broncos

Willie Mason
Bulldogs

Anthony Minichiello
Sydney Roosters

Luke O’Donnell
Nth Qld Cowboys

Mark O’Meley
Bulldogs

Steve Price
New Zealand Warriors

Scott Prince
Wests Tigers

Andrew Ryan
Bulldogs

Jason Ryles
St George Illawarra

Brent Tate
Brisbane Broncos

Trent Waterhouse
Penrith Panthers

Agent Mulder

Bench
Twizzle said:
wtf does loyalty have to do if you are out of form, of course I would expect him to be dropped

this is not club footy, Kangaroo jumpers dont come out of a show bag

we should always be playing our best possible team on current form imo, not last years form

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Freak

Juniors
Super effort Guru!!

And to think he couldn't get a start at the Goosters!!:lol:

Looks like a sing a long will be on the cards for the flight home!!:D

planeteels

Juniors
omfg!!! They actually picked someone on FORM!!!

All the very best for the Guru!!! Totally deserved and LONG OVERDUE!!!

Smartman

Juniors
Well done Eric the Eel
icon6.gif

Mr Saab

Referee
planeteels said:
All the very best for the Guru!!! Totally deserved and LONG OVERDUE!!!

how is it long overdue? This has been his first full season in 1st grade without major interuptions. He got his chance in 2000 origin but pulled out thru injury, and since then he has been all over the place with form and injury.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
how is it long overdue? This has been his first full season in 1st grade without major interuptions. He got his chance in 2000 origin but pulled out thru injury, and since then he has been all over the place with form and injury.

and that's probably the reason why it is long over due..he's not even having any luck with injury, not even now, it's that he's at a club that can assist and able him to manage the injury properly and get him to the level he is.

Can you imagine what sort of player Eric would be if he didn't have on going back problem???

Latest posts