What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe in!!!!!!...he's made it!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
Confidence and self esteem....u get picked for the Autralian squad and regardless of whether you actually play, the shot of self belief it will give you can take you to another level....which obviously is a good thing for the club he plays for.

And of course, he's a good guy who deserves a nice reward :D

Good points.

I wish him well!

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
The benefit of playing and training with some of the best players Australai has to offer has far reaching effects - not just to the player but to the club from which he comes from as well through different techniques etc. Since Hindy has become a permanent member of the Australian side and more importantly a senior member his game has gone to the next level.

Again - good point!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
a player like lyon will shine alot more playing in england vs many players who wouldnt cut it in australia. Lyon is not playing against the likes of Gasnier, Cooper, Hodges, Tate, King etc.
He is playing against many nevilles.

Maybe so.

But when he was playing in the NRL, he was carving up Gasnier, Cooper, Hodges, Tate, King, etc.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
True. Darren Smith was and given that there were fit players in the side that could have played he shouldn't have.

I'm also of the opinion, based on some whispers I have heard, that Lyon's actions may have lead to him having a black mark against his name at this stage in the eyes of the selectors......

I, too, have heard this...

The plot thickens...

Eelementary

Post Whore
JessEel said:
from what i've heard at work, he's in the team, not just the squad.
i got the chance to congratulate him in person, and let me tell you all, he is f**kING STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true, then I am f**kING STOKED for him, too!

Eelementary

Post Whore
lucablight said:
I think you're getting a little carried away. Reddy and Williams are nowhere near up to Grothe in terms of ability at the moment.

I only meant as back-ups.

They may not be as talented as Guruju - but as a back-up winger I think either one will do just fine.

Hellsy

Immortal
Eelementary said:
Don't get me wrong - I am so proud for him and so pleased for him I could scream.

But why would it look good on a CV if it said, "Part of Kangaroos squad. International representative games - zero," ?

Better than nothing at all...
Honestly though, I reckon they will all get a shot at playing at some point on the tour.

bartman

Immortal
Onya Eric! This is great news for him. A chance to wipe the slate clean for that missed Origin game years ago...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If he continues his good form in 2006, there's no doubt there's an Origin jumper waiting for him.

Latest posts