What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I loved how sterlo described two years at the roosters as being 'in the wilderness'

What about Goulds reaction........ "first time I have ever heard Bondi Junction referred to as the wilderness" :lol: :lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
Parraren said:
There must have been alot of Eels fans at the game. On TV it sounded like there were more people cheering when the Eels scored than when the Broncos did.
Honestly every time Parra plays Brisbane in Brisbane there are always plenty of eels supporters there. Yesterday was no different. Most of the Broncos "Cheering" comes curtesy of the loud speaker!

The Godfather

Juniors
Just like his old man charging down that touchline. The memories are back.

All we gotta do now is ask young Guru to grow a beard and wear his hair long.

BD5733

Juniors
bradeel said:
brought tears to my eyes watching him leave our old mate Stu Kelly for dead.

I wonder if the media are going to criticise the EELS for letting Stu Kelly go to another club, I mean, it was a very valiant effort trying to run down Grothe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were crazy to let some of these players go and in some cases sign BETTER players, will the media tear us apart for that?

The Godfather

Juniors
Yeah good point...

All the supporters of the Parra rejects that went to Manly and the Tigers are a bit quiet this week...

THE KEGG

Juniors
BD5733 said:
bradeel said:
brought tears to my eyes watching him leave our old mate Stu Kelly for dead.

I wonder if the media are going to criticise the EELS for letting Stu Kelly go to another club, I mean, it was a very valiant effort trying to run down Grothe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were crazy to let some of these players go and in some cases sign BETTER players, will the media tear us apart for that?

Maybe Stu Kelly would have had some luck if he was chasing down Jason Moodie ;-)

Dean

Juniors
Parraren said:
It was good to hear Sterlo getting a bit choked up. He's got blue and gold blood just like the rest of us. When Phil Gould said "..he's home" commenting on Grothe getting to the tryline Sterlo said "home in more ways than one". So true :clap:

Maybe there's hope for Sterlo still.

God im glad Guru Jr is back. He was the best player for parra against the bulldogs before he got injured, and his try on sunday was special. I just love his running style. It isnt very pretty. Looks like every stride is a painful one that he's determined put up with and just keep pumping those legs. In a weird way, it's a thing of beauty. He'll have a big year for sure.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yeah, that was one of the better games by Sterlo

Now a lot of people say that he comes across as Anti-Parra because he doesn't want to seem to biased towards Parra a la VAutin and Manly (well at least as it was before Fatty got punted from the MKanly board).

but at times he is so anti-Parra it is even worse then if he was too much pro-Parra.

Yesterday was the 1st time he has even been close to even handed

PB

Bench
Dean said:
God im glad Guru Jr is back. He was the best player for parra against the bulldogs before he got injured, and his try on sunday was special. I just love his running style. It isnt very pretty. Looks like every stride is a painful one that he's determined put up with and just keep pumping those legs. In a weird way, it's a thing of beauty. He'll have a big year for sure.

How much was it like his dads style. He starts off crouched over, like an athletics sprinter, then as he gets into stride, his back streches out and he stands bolt upright, and the legs look like they are going too fast for the rest of him!!

fantastic to watch, and just amazingly similar to his old man !!

Avenger

Immortal
How fast is he??? He surprised me, I think he i faster than Burt. Now lets sign him beyond this year as we only gave him a one year contract.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Dykesy said in a pre-season interview that Guru was ther fastest in the club now.

In the same article he said that Peek was the fittest forward in the club

wonder if Dykes was right on both?

Paranoid

Juniors
A couple of weeks before the season kicked off there was a article in the paper(tele) about the speedsters in the NRL. Burt was listed as one of the fastest (running 100m in 11.0s). Grothe didn't even get a mention :!: :?:

Interested to see if anyone know's his 100m time ?

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon besides Pace, he runs with alot of heart as well.

I remember watching Parra in the 80s on TV when you would see an opposition player break our line on one side of the field and was destined to score.

Then you would see Grothe coming across from the other side of the field and tackle him. This didn't just happen once, it happened many a time.

I'm sure young Eric would do the same.

Aaaaah, Old memories.

BTW, did Pricey have a son??

Latest posts