What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ground announcers

dG

Juniors
I'll be honest I am not the least bit a fan of the announcers at the game..

Especailly the 104.7 chick who does pre-game and half time...she is useless.

And the main announcer, whilst he is good...did anyone hear the call about Ben Cross...when he was running through the team b4 the game..."Ben Cross - he is cross" i mean wtf is that?

Anyway, i dont like them.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Haha, that's gold. There's no point in having someone trying to pump the crowd up in Canberra, it never works and just looks pathetic. I hope we don't go down the raod of alot of the Sydney clubs and rely on the ground announcer to excite the crowd during the game

The Radio chick has nothing. She doesn't sound sincere in her attempts. She is worse than when they had that Marty bloke...and that's saying something.

ball boy

Bench
Alot of people not just the crowd wanted her to shut up when she was doing the raiders chant :lol:

argy-bargy

Juniors
another crap "innovation" is the pathetic raiders raiders raiders chant that they sometimes play over the loud speakers. #-o

argy-bargy said:
another crap "innovation" is the pathetic raiders raiders raiders chant that they sometimes play over the loud speakers. #-o

I haven't heard that one for years. I think it only lasted a few weeks.

jed

First Grade
Can't be worse than "Parra! *clap clap clap*" that they have at the Eels home games over the speakers.

argy-bargy

Juniors
Schif_Happens said:
argy-bargy said:

I haven't heard that one for years. I think it only lasted a few weeks.

nope, i heard it at the dragons game

Lynchie

Juniors
I gotta admit the chant they use at parra, when I have been there at various games I think actually does have an effect especially when there is a big crowd who join in on it.

Evergreen

Juniors
The only decent announcer we've ever had was Phil Small. He'd only appear about 5 minutes before the teams ran out, and really used to rev up the crowd with something like ".........and a COOOOOOOOL Canberra welcome for the Brisbane Broncos!!!!". This would be followed by some of the loudest booing ever heard at a Rugby League match.

BRING BACK PHIL!!

P.S The only way to really rev up a crowd before a game IMO is to play the National Anthem - the proper, Julie Anthony version...... :D

woodgers

Bench
Especailly the 104.7 chick who does pre-game and half time...she is useless.
Yeah I don't really notice that stuff but myself and Simon asked her to wear a Raiders Army shirt at the next home game and she said that we would have to check with Don Furner. That was the end of that idea! She was very vague and reminded me of that show on Channel 7, Lost.

Latest posts