What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne "No Try"

Generalzod

Immortal
This thread looks pretty stupid now...

The real issue is holy f**k is that actually the difference between Nine's broadcast and high Def? Bomb Channel Nine, not the bunker
i had a bbq last night set up the TV in the backyard with 20 people watching the game we all complained how boring the channel 9 commentary team is.

Grapple

First Grade
Bunker is also there to create a little controversy, even better when it's in a big game. Gets the fans talking for a few days after the fact. Gets a few more views and clicks. The refs can only do so much of that on their own.

It's like some player in the NBA famously said after they retired . Once they understood it was about entertainment and selling a product and not solely winning, they understood the Ref's calls.

The Bunker's not going anywhere soon.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This thread looks pretty stupid now...

The real issue is holy f**k is that actually the difference between Nine's broadcast and high Def? Bomb Channel Nine, not the bunker
Not sure why they can’t pull together the super high def slowmo that they have at the tennis. Those cameras would have erased doubts

Fangs

Coach
Quite a few red faces in this thread right now haha.

Two points to make:

1. Live I thought it was a try. And also on the first replay. I've now sobered up like the rest of you and it clearly wasn't a try. Just another brilliant decision by the bunker who won't bow down to the mob.

2. Penrith win regardless. Context of the game changes and they just go up a gear. They're the greatest team you've ever seen...if you think that was going to sink them then you don't understand Rugby League.

typicalfan

Coach
This thread is hilarious. Howarth knew he didn't score. This is why they should use captains challenges for tries. Storm would not have reviewed that. But to those who thought it was a try but now see its not, I understand it was a tough one.

Canard

Immortal
It never looked like a try to me. The distance between the top of the ball and the ground was to great.

I also think this is a great case study in "herd mentality" and the influence commentary has on opinion.

C9 got this so wrong that they should be publicly apologising to the officials.

Canard

Immortal
This thread is hilarious. Howarth knew he didn't score. This is why they should use captains challenges for tries. Storm would not have reviewed that. But to those who thought it was a try but now see its not, I understand it was a tough one.
It's fine to think it was a try, it's the over the top responses that were the issue.

"Worst decision ever"

"Corrupt"