What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Desolation of Smug

Scootsie

Juniors
Well Smug doesn’t really start until GF celebrations get underway.
There’ll be tributes, posts, tweets and headlines for days, raising the ire of the outraged. That’s always fun to watch unfold.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Penrith Panthers, 4 in a row. Have to be considered the best side since the mighty dragons.

They are some form of relentless rugby league machine.

To live under Cleary and Son's reign of smug has been a painful privilege.

Not as privileged as watching Ricky Stuart getting an extension.
True royalty

yobbo84

Coach
As long as they have Edwards, Cleary, Yeo, Martin etc fit when it matters, and the NRL continues to ignore ruck interference and inside 10m in big finals... the Panthers will likely still win the premiership.

I'm biased as f**k and even I said after Penrith's second premiership that they were the best team I've ever seen. Even better than the Broncos team of the late 90s.

They've added two more titles since then. Truly unbelievable what they've done.

They'll win it next year too.
That team that obliterated Parramatta in 2022 was Penrith at the peak of their powers. They have lost several origin players since and are still winning comps. Shows how far ahead of the rest they were back then.

Fangs

Coach
An amazing team. The best you've ever seen.

You really have to see all top 30 squads to be certain. But my early prediction is no premiership in 2025. The penny will finally drop.

- JFH and Luai gone...by far the biggest personnel losses of the last five years.

- Las Vegas...we are crap in the early rounds and being overseas won't help.

- Cleary will play 3 games of SOO for a change which will curtail his season.

- No home ground...I don't think many understand what impact that will have.

Latest posts