What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grounding?

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
So Campbells try last night. If that had been in the field of play, would'nt he have been pinged for losing control of the ball? If so, whats the difference in the in-goal?

Be great if anyone could answer my question(s).

Cheers.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
fair try. would not have been a knock on in the field of play.
Very bad defensive read by noddy on that play let prince run too far.

emetic

Juniors
could have gone either way, the two BS penalties that piggy backed the titans for their second try were worse.

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
Yeah. Not really interested in the lead up. I already know you hate the Sharks reefy. Just wanted a rule clarification. Thanks for the latter.

millersnose

Post Whore
whats this 'hate the sharks' crap

says who?

i dont agree with many of reefies opinions but i know few guys that give a shyte more than reefy

we let prince run all over us (we did it when he played for the tigers aswell. we must be his favourite team)
as for the grounding, i think he wedged the ball between his back and his elbow. fair try

penalties were foolish., dropping the ball on the first 30 meters out- worse

Frenzy.

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
shiftyshark 2 posts, has a crack at me about knowing I hate the sharks.

Another coward has found his/her way out from under the rock to have a snipe.

I hope the mods investigate the IPs of these fuggwits and have them banned immediately.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Probably beeker BTW. He and his bum chum Macca seem to want us all to think they don't play the "nerd" game of posting in here anymore but we all know they couldn't bear not to be in amongst the thick of things.

We also know they have a penchant for hiding and sniping.

Come out, come out wherever you are little masons.

Frenzy.

Immortal
noddiesnut said:
forcing the ball

fair try and a great run by campbell to make up for the one he let in earlier

True milly. His poor judgement on that kick was well, poor. Wish it didn't happen like that because the little bloke only got more dangerous after that fugg up.

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Probably beeker BTW. He and his bum chum Macca seem to want us all to think they don't play the "nerd" game of posting in here anymore but we all know they couldn't bear not to be in amongst the thick of things.

We also know they have a penchant for hiding and sniping.

Come out, come out wherever you are little masons.

I dont think you can post on a plane flight?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I have no idea why people are saying he lost the ball. the ball at no stage bounced on the ground & never left his arm, which by the way, you can use any part of , to ground a try.

cheese

Bench
Downward pressure. Fair try, because that's what the rules state. Downward pressure from anything on the torso.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well i see it differently, the ball only has to come in contact with a player which it did to be classed as a knock on.

azzah72

Bench
As far as i'm concerned it was a fair try but we should never of let them get to that point in the first place.

We had the game won and let it slip.

juanfarkall

Coach
Did not see the match as Juan junior has footy training on Monday nights.

Did see the "try" on the news though...

50-50 to me...

As Ricky said later.. the try was always going to be given..

After all Ricky got the benefit of THOSE sort of calls for years when he was with the Rorters.

Unfortunate for you guys (including a few blokes I know who flew up) that you copped the fairytale bullet this week...