What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

snickers007

Juniors
Pretty sure May was dealing with a criminal case, not a civil one.

So it's the Police/Prosecutor who makes the decision to continue - not the alleged victim. Obviously in a case like this it makes it a lot harder to win the case and get a conviction if the victim isn't cooperating - but I'm sure we would have heard if the charges had been dropped.

Still odd that he was allowed out of the country, and allowed to secure work in the UK.

I also wonder what impact (if any), his signing with Hull KR has on our salary cap going forward.

Will probably never get any official word from either camp, so will need to rely on scuttlebutt.

MugaB

Coach
Pretty sure May was dealing with a criminal case, not a civil one.

So it's the Police/Prosecutor who makes the decision to continue - not the alleged victim. Obviously in a case like this it makes it a lot harder to win the case and get a conviction if the victim isn't cooperating - but I'm sure we would have heard if the charges had been dropped.

Still odd that he was allowed out of the country, and allowed to secure work in the UK.

I also wonder what impact (if any), his signing with Hull KR has on our salary cap going forward.

Will probably never get any official word from either camp, so will need to rely on scuttlebutt.
Is beetota advocate like the Simpsons of the rugby league world...
I remember reading that Tiny May, would play there to avoid his suspension for that shot he gave that annoying brisbane patron..(2022). the joke was he would never serve it till he returned from being in England till a decade later

snickers007

Juniors
Is beetota advocate like the Simpsons of the rugby league world...
I remember reading that Tiny May, would play there to avoid his suspension for that shot he gave that annoying brisbane patron..(2022). the joke was he would never serve it till he returned from being in England till a decade later

I reckon if he goes down for the domestic violence charges there will be some pressure applied for Super League to not sign anyone currently stood down by the NRL on their no-fault policy. Similar to how NRL and Super League honour each others suspensions etc.

There have been countless other players who have tried to go over to Super League but have been rejected due to prior criminal convictions. Unsure whether that's a registration thing, or a VISA thing. Yet despite currently facing charges, May is allowed in.

Maybe it's just a timing thing - his next court appearance isn't until March 2025, and his Hull contract is only for this year. Maybe they don't care about pending charges - only convictions. Maybe Super League are just giving the fans what they want? Just a super weird case.

Latest posts