What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grounding?

Since 73

First Grade
No try.

1. Princes ball to Preston was forward. At least a dozen less obvious faults have been pulled up already in televised games in 2007.

2. The only thing that stopped the ball leaving Preston's body was the ground. There is air between him and the ball as it touches the grass.
The side on shot showed this, but they only showed it once in medium to slow speed.

chili pepper

Bench
coolumsharkie said:
Your not the one who has to put up with the locals, the headline news.

Funny thing though last night these Tit fans on the bus were singing.. " Lets go Titans lets go"

FFS talk about stealing the wrong song.

Banjo pluckers.

hahaha They even celebaraed it in that old 4X add

Geez they were tools. How funny was that CSSC guy with us asking them about their club song. Classic

Then one dildo Titans fan turns to the others and says 'hey what is our club song?' haahahah

Nullajet

Juniors
I dont believe that should have been awarded......lost control and forced it with the elbow..

Why do players get rewarded for a loss of control...

I understand by the 'rules' it can be classed as a try but the rules are a joke...a player who clearly had no control of the ball and forced it by pure accident does not deserve a try.

Lets face it the vid ref wasnt sure 'benefit of the doubt' ....what a crock.

but yes there are plenty of other issues leading to the try...it just sucks to lose like that....

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
The fact that underneath TRY in the small print it said benefit of the doubt kind of suggests something, does it not?

"I've got no f**king idea if this is a try. Quick! someone get me a rule book! oh s**t no time! Wheres that button that I press when i'm not sure whats going on but I want to make it look like I do? oh, there it is......."

The Dodger

First Grade
i just watched the replay again.

kearney's knee was nowhere near the ball.
and the ball was caught between his elbow and hip before it hit the ground.

fugged up rule that is...

Snoop Shark

First Grade
If it was in the field of play it was a knock on....because it was over the line they give benefit of doubt! We are just the unlucky ones!

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon if the hand isn't on the ball or at least trying to ground it with your hand/arm it isn't a fair dinkum try.

Preston can claim he mean't it ...but even for him it would of been a stroke of genius to pull it off.

To me it was closer to not being a try than being a try .

However if you go by the rules it is a try.

If it was one of our players I would be swearing blind it was a try and that he meant to do it of course.

Latest posts