What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group B Matches (England, Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden)

Macca_

Coach
Yep, I'm backing them to be ahead at half time, win by 2+ goals and also to score the fastest goal of the night.

Macca_

Coach
England -
1 Robinson
3 A Cole
4 Gerrard
5 Ferdinand
6 Terry
7 Beckham
8 Lampard
10 Owen
11 J Cole
15 Carragher
21 Crouch

sydraider

First Grade
T & T will go hard, cant see them causing an upset though.
2-0 England for mine, Lampard and Gerrard to cause most of the damage.

Macca_

Coach
Argh Lampard sux!!! :lol:

I backed Lampard and Ljungberg in a double for first goal scorers.

Lampard wasted 1000 chances while the score was 0-0 in the poms game.

Ljungberg just netted the winner in the 89th minute for a 1-0 win.

Macca_

Coach
Won't have to TD. Ecuador or Germany will have no trouble doing it. :D

Another inept performance from the poms.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Inept, boring, but 6 points and comfortably through without playing to 60% of our capacity.

Bring on the big games and we'll improve, especially with Rooney back.

Macca_

Coach
I've backed them and Sweden to top the group in my multi, so I'm happy - it's home. Would like to see the Swedes to get up though as it pays better :D

But surely from an Englands point of view they can't be happy with how they've achieved it. Not sure why they've been playing at only 60%... Remains to be seen if they do improve and it's also hard to see them just flicking some magic switch and turning on the style. If they don't, they'll be heading home real early.

Macca_

Coach
And as mentioned in the Sweden/Paraguay thread...

Boooo Lampard :lol:

Had him to score the first goal into Ljungberg to score the first goal at 70/1. Lampard wastes chance after chance to get the opener. 89th minute in the Sweden game, 0-0 and Freddie goes and scores. Oh so close, damn you Franky boy!

PB

Bench
I tell you as that game wore on i was getting more and more ready to throddle Ljungberg and Larrson. For two class players, they just seemed to refuse to stand up and say "I am going to win this for my country" like stars do.

But i'm glad Sweden won, there only seemed to be one side trying to play football in this one anyway.

Nuffs

Bench
well people have every right to criticise the poms

the poms have every right to criticise the players

they also have every right to think that if they start playing to their potential, they could go a long way

rooney should get another 30 minutes against Sweden to get his sharpness back. but if he hits form, england almost start every game 1-0. until they play the aussies :lol:

Bob8

Juniors
Clearly England have been well below what they can do. Their performance has been poor and it is not clear they can reach the last eight with the way they are playing at present. However, unless you are in a group with Paraguay and T&T or with Japan and Croatia, is it not easy to reach the second

Possibly England can be compared to Australia RL in the Test series against GB last year. They only turned it on in the last test and played as they could, which blew GB away and would also blow T&T, Sweden, Ecuador or Germany away. That is hypothetical, though. In 1990, a OKish Engaland side gelled together and were unfortunate to reach the semis rather than win - we have a better team skill level now, but they have proved nothing so far.

mickdo

Coach
Bob8 said:
Clearly England have been well below what they can do. Their performance has been poor and it is not clear they can reach the last eight with the way they are playing at present. However, unless you are in a group with Paraguay and T&T or with Japan and Croatia, is it not easy to reach the second
Easy with Japan & Croatia? Wtf are you smoking?

Latest posts