What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group B Matches (England, Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden)

Macca_

Coach
FT 2-2.

Neither of those teams will win this tournament. Not on the same planet as some of the other teams.

Geez I snuck home with this one -

$3 bet -
Swiss/Togo Only 1 Team To Score (1.90)
Ukraine/Ukraine (1.85)
Spain By 2+ Goals (1.85)
Germany (1.40)
Poland (1.65)
Sweden/England Draw (2.80)
$126.15

:lol:

Macca_

Coach
Could nobody give away the result for this in the sweden/england game if it ended up making a difference...

People may be wanting to watch this on SBS now and won't want to know the result...

Thank you.

Bob8

Juniors
Yes, it was a rubbish game. Cole and Hargreaves impressed, as did Gerrard when he came on.

Apart from that it was a gutless second half performance.

PB

Bench
Took the overs for easy cash. Was there ever a surer thing.

Sol Campbell please, I thought Australia were a bit light on for central defenders....! :lol:

i can't see England progressing much further, especially now if Owen is out. Which is a wierd feeling. Because in World Cups gone past i have always cheered them on, but i just don't like the way they play now, and some of the players in that side...

Macca_

Coach
Good stuff, I knew from the start that T&T wouldn't score a goal in this WC. Took Yorke and Viduka to be a draw head to head for goals. Won't mind if Viddy puts 1 or 2 in yet, but I doubt it :D

Foz

Bench
England had a bit of trouble defending set plays.
I think they can go a fair way in this tournament if they use their best player where he is supposed to play.
Pretty obvious the difference he made when he came on.
Cleared 1 ball off the line and then scored a goal.
Do you think the England manager can work out who he is?

Parra_Eels

Bench
i hear that hargreaves anchor role will be discarded for the ecuador game so gerrard and lampard can attempt to gel for the 200th time. shame because i think he showed the england fans what really is capable of.

Munky

Coach
Can Lampard play in a team that is getting dominated?

He went completely missing in the second half. If Sven had the balls he should dump Lampard and keep Hargreaves allowing Gerrard to run riot in attack.

England also look a shambles at set pieces. Terry is perhaps the best centreback in the game when coming forward for a set piece yet he looked lost when trying to defend one.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That second half was attrocious by England. Sweden last goal had to be some sort of comedic sketch...a predicatable long throw is misjudged by the first defender (Terry) and then bounces over the 2nd defender who first misses it with his head and then with his foot (Campbell) and then the most pathetic tickle on the abll sees it slide past both Robinson and a defender supposedly occupying the post. Laughable.

The sooner Sven goes the better because this England squad has so, so much talent yet just doesnt player well as a team. That is Svens fault and i hope McLaren can do better. Very frustrating and unless they get it together i can see another painful exit from the Quarters coming up.

borat

Bench
Can anyone seriously beleive that Sven took Walcott over Defoe or Johnson?
Now that Owen is injured there is alot of pressure on Rooney to produce with no preparation.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anyone know if England can send for a replacement? If not then Sven will have to use Walcott and thats something he doesnt seem to want to do (which is amazing considering he picked him in the squad)

junior009

Juniors
No they can't. Last chance for a replacement was the day before their first match.

Stuff Defoe or Beattie...God only knows what a fully fit Robbie Fowler must be thinking about the current squad.

Bob8

Juniors
The positive points are:
the first half
Hargreaves
Rooney
Gerrard
Ferdinand

Campball made soem good stops and organised the defence when Terry was starting to look shakey.

The negative point were everything else, the main worries being
The heads going down in the second half
Set pieces
Owen out
Everything else

Parra_Eels

Bench
i reckon defoe will be spewing although i am now extremely intrigued about how theo goes when he inevitably comes on

Macca_

Coach
I'm waiting to see Theo at Ashburton Grove. This holiday for him will be a good learning experience, thanks Sven :D

Munky

Coach
Frank Ryan's Whisky said:
England can't win the cup with Crouch. It's as simple as that. He is an atrocious player.

I think he has actually improved over the past six months and is now merely a totally average player.

He has some decent skills when the ball is at his feet, I'm surprised the English don't use them more.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Frank Ryan's Whisky said:
England can't win the cup with Crouch. It's as simple as that. He is an atrocious player.

Have to agree with that.

Eriksson is a rubbish coach. McLaren isn't any better.

Does not look good for England.

Latest posts