What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess who I saw walking into Easts Leagues Club

Brutus

Referee
Mad Dog.

I was crossing the road at the Bronte Road/Ebley street lights and I walked past the crazy animal in his cap and baggy jumper. Only a hardcore rugby league fan would've recognized him. He looked me in the eye as we crossed paths satisfied that another person had recognized him.

I watched him walk into the leagues club to..

(a) have a latte
(b) hang out with mark wheeler
(c) blow thousands on the pokies
(d) become the latest player to f**k up their career by joining the roosters.
(e) get food poisoning at moments restaurant so he doesn't have to attend Souths training.

Who knows.

Back where it all started for Doogs maybe?

Spitty

Juniors
I hope for the sake of Roosters fans he's become his brothers manager and he's negotiating a contract for Luke. Then again he's no less injury prone than the man he'll likely be replacing.

Brutus

Referee
He looks about 65 and will be good for about 10 games next year taking into account injury and suspension.

melon....

Coach
yobbo84 said:
I thought he wanted to go to genuine finals contender?!
Hence wanting to leave LOL@SOUFFS.

Thats what I love about LOL@SOUFFS. They will spend 118million on old legs, and end up with Kitchen utensils....again.

reladith

Juniors
Hence wanting to leave LOL@SOUFFS.

Thats what I love about LOL@SOUFFS. They will spend 118million on old legs, and end up with Kitchen utensils....again

I would rather spend that much on kitchen utensils than deck chairs like Anasta and Harrison!!!

Whats the view like from 12th position? Pity that its not a few years ago where you could heap scorn on everyone! Now you only have 2 teams you are infront of to rip off HAHAHAHAAH!

LRC

Well at least roosters fans know what they are missing....souths fans wouldnt have a clue what its like come september and you are walking to the big games.the atmosphere is awesome..the anticipation and expectations..
then if you get to the gf the week is amazing , watching your team at the gf breakfast...talkback is all about your team..you watch footage of your team from the season..then walking down fromthe train station to the stadium forthe big game...have a few beers..the atmosphere electric.Fellow fans rejoycing..singing together...perfect stangers united by their support for the team.
Souths fans wouldnt have a clue how good this feels ..their only joy is if theymanage to win a game..they rejoce after beating a severley understrenght bronocs or the roosters once in 10 years.Or if they sign one decent player in 10 years.
This is the difference between being a souths supporter ad a suppoetr of most other teams.
They wouldnt have a clue.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Maybe he just doesn't like Souths Leagues Club... from what I've heard about it I can't blame him.

Breadman

Juniors
While he does get injured and suspended often I think people are forgetting how good he actually is. I'd be happy to have him playing for the Sharks

stuke

Bench
an article in yesterdays Newcastle papers had him linked with the Knights again. would make some sense with the loss of both wingers and letting Gidley go to St Helens, though he did leave on fairly bad terms.

Brutus

Referee
Mad Dog said on the Back Page tonight that it was between Newcastle and the Storm for his services, but a mystery club has come in with a big offer.

The Roosters for sure. I couldn't imagine Doogs dropping into Easts Leagues for a latte. The Chooks are struggling to attract players to their club for next year and they'll jump at anyone.